HELP! P0152 "Heated Oxygen Sensor" "Low Voltage Bank 2" Chevy Silverado

Heres the deal. I have a 1996 Chevy Silverado 1500 V8 5.7 liter. I took my truck to AutoZone for their free computer dianostic check because my check engine light was on. Their computer said I needed to change Bank

1 and Band 2... Sensor 1 on both banks. So I did. While I was at it I also changed all the plugs and the plug wires.

Anyway... after about 45 minutes of highway driving my check engine light come on and the engine appeared not to have that much horsepower. Took it back to Autozone, put it on their computer (a different AutoZone by the way) and again it downloaded a 131 and 151 again for the same sensors.

Heres the error messages: P0131 "Heated Oxygen Sensor" (HOS2) Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1, Sensor

1 P0151 "Heated Oxygen Sensor" (HOS2) Circuit Low Voltage Bank 2, Sensor 1

Any idea what might be causing the same failure even after replacing both sensors?

Thanks, Elton

Reply to
eltonnoway

How many times does this have to happen.

Just because you get a code pointing to some sensor does NOT mean you have to replace that sensor. Go back to AutoZone and tell them to stop giving advice on car repair and to give you the money for the two sensors.

It would be quite rare for both sensors to be faulty at the same time. At first glance this appears to be a wiring problem, or maybe even an ECM problem.

Start here:

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie