Help Please )ld Chevy truck Distributor problems?

1974 Chevrolet K-10 has Electronic distributor 350 engine.
We have replaced everything inside there, cap plugs,coil.,Rotor etc. , The thing wont send fire about 1/3 of the time.
I remove the Distributor cap ,do nothing put it back on and it fires everytime! We are at our wits end Somebody Please help
It dont matter if engine is hot or cold
Hunting season is coming and I need to solve this mystery!
please send possible solutions to:
snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com
Check the RED WIRE to the distributor. 12 VOLT U can always hook up 12v directly from the battery For procwss of Elimination as the 12volt being your problem
Just me wrote:

replace the distributor with used one from the junk yard, clean it and inspect it first. before removing from your vehicle disconnect battery. put replacement on with rotor point same direction as old one---after all together use timing light to set timing properly or it won't run ight. ------of course various other things could cause this, such as your module, and lots of other related items.
we replaced module too,same resulys

The IGNITION SWITCH may Be BAD.. It is located at THE BOTTOM of your Steering Colum Near the BRAKE PEDAL. This is WHY I SAID to HOT WIRE the CAR.. Apply 12 Volts to the RED WIRE that Goes to the Distributor..
Does this Vehicle HAVE a TACH METER ??? If SO DONNOT hook Those Wires Back up to the Distributor ..