Help Please )ld Chevy truck Distributor problems?

1974 Chevrolet K-10 has Electronic distributor 350 engine.

We have replaced everything inside there, cap plugs,coil.,Rotor etc. , The thing wont send fire about 1/3 of the time. I remove the Distributor cap ,do nothing put it back on and it fires everytime! We are at our wits end Somebody Please help

It dont matter if engine is hot or cold

Hunting season is coming and I need to solve this mystery!

please send possible solutions to:

snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com

Reply to
Just me

Check the RED WIRE to the distributor. 12 VOLT U can always hook up 12v directly from the battery For procwss of Elimination as the

12volt being your problem

Just me wrote:

Reply to
no one

Reply to
<byron2323

Reply to
Just me

The IGNITION SWITCH may Be BAD.. It is located at THE BOTTOM of your Steering Colum Near the BRAKE PEDAL. This is WHY I SAID to HOT WIRE the CAR.. Apply 12 Volts to the RED WIRE that Goes to the Distributor..

Does this Vehicle HAVE a TACH METER ??? If SO DONNOT hook Those Wires Back up to the Distributor ..

Just me wrote:

Reply to
no one