HELP.....Please read..........starting and dieing

I have a 1996 Chevrolet 1 ton with a 454 that has 101K on it. It is hard to start some times, in that it turns over repeatedly, but does not start. After severl tries it does start. This is not a
constant problem, although it happens at differnt times. The other problem is on several occasions I have been driving the truck and it just dies, then will re-start. This has happened at highway speeds, and the truck is a 5 speed, so I push the clutch in and release it and the motor is back running fine. One day it happened on the highway about 4 separate times, while driving about 60m.p.h.
Please e-mail me with your suggestions, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Barbara
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
how's the fuel pump and all the electrical connections to and from it? grounds? could be something simple...