Help repairing '00 Silverado horn?

I know this has been addressed many times, but I can't find the fix.

One of the two horns on my '00 Silv went out (as expected). I know I could just replace it with stock or aftermarket, but I remember some sort of fix (even temporary).

There was one fix where you could spray a certain lubricant or something in the horn to get it to work? Does anyone know this fix?

Also, is there a permanent repair as opposed to replacement?

Thanks.

Reply to
~~AAJakeleg
01) drive into town and purchases $6 can of lubricant / get can of luricant out of stored area 02) pop hood 03) locate broken horn 04) spray lubricant 05) clean up overspray within engine compartment 06) close hood 07) put can back in stored area 08) get in vehicle 09) drive 10) find out horn isn't working again 11) repeat spteps 1 through 10 exclusively 3 times 12) drive to the automotive store, all the while mumbling to yourself for being the cheap bastard that you are, and buy the new horn and replace it permanently.

Why bother going through all that hassle each time? Spend the $20-$30 and buy a new horn and replace it and you're done. Stop delaying the inevitable and avoid the self inflicted stress

~~AAJakeleg" cleverly wrote:

----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below

Michael McNeil

I didn't realize it was only a $30 part.

Most parts seem so inordinately expensive.

Thanks for the funny answer.

Reply to
~~AAJakeleg

----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below

Michael McNeil

Are you sure the Chevy horn is only $30?

Reply to
~~AAJakeleg