Help Save My Truck!

Page 2 of 5
Both my nieces worked from 16:
Knowing they were going to college, they worked as they were in college, and now the one who is still in college got a second job. So she can go on an
exchange student program.
Without asking her parents to support her.
That's responsible.
you however, want your parents who offer to get you a station wagon to give you everything?
Lazy prick!
Refinish King

I paid about $9000 for my truck and because they think a stationwagon is more suitable it's equal trade?

Well you work and your broke. Sounds irresponsible to me.

Angelus wrote:

From reading your story, it appears that you never paid your parents a cent for money that they "loaned" you. Now they are attempting to recoup their money. Good for them. I haven't bought my kids any cars or loaned them any money for one. I have done mechanical work on their cars for parts cost only, so that in itself is a large chunk of change...but they can pay for everything else. Time for them to get ready for the "real" world and all of its associated expenses and responsibilities.
You should be glad to get rid of that damaged truck. It's not worth much now, and your parents still won't get all their money back. I hope you are planning to pay them back every last bit of that 7500 dollars. It would be a shame if internet idiots paid it for you.
Ian
Money wasn't there's, it was a gift from my grandfather who has since died, so lay off telling me something like "He's an idiot" or "what a dipshit" ok?

I'm sorry, *Theirs*

i've read your posting with some interest as i was in a similar situation while attending college. some background, my parents "stole" all of my scholarship monies (stole is in quotations because the checks were actually made in their name and not mine, so legally its theirs but morally its mine) and my brother told me they were going to keep it. the first year of college was paid for since the scholarships paid the university directly as well as my basic living expenses since i was in a dorm, which had to be prepaid. realizing i was in a bind and i actually had "free-time," i started working in order to pay for my living expenses. i tried to get student loans but i was continually denied because my parents weren't broke, it was expected that parents pay a percentage of your college expenses, and i already had enough scholarships to pay for my schooling, even when i explained my situation. i bought a new pickup when i was 16 years old with my own money (this was when trucks were cheap - paid $7000 for a brand new 1979 k10 with my money) - my parents and myself were the registered owners, i was the sole legal owner. i had my brother send the pickup to me and this, with a camper top, became my home. after a year i got a car loan and i bought a junker sedan that i parked and used as "dry storage." i lived like this for 3 years and this was before being "homeless" was fashionable with all of their advocates and services available. basically, i took care of myself. by the time i graduated i was working three jobs, full-time as a security guard, and 2 part-time jobs on the weekends: duty mechanic during the day doing all the small stuff and finishing up jobs and a cashier during the graveyard hours, all for minimum wage or a little better which was 2/3 bucks/hour and when i left those jobs i was making the big bucks $5/hour. yep, thats all i did, study, eat, sleep, shit, and work. i think about the past a lot...and i think it made for a better future, although a lot of people complain that i'm a "hard man," and its because of my life experiences. think of your situation now and learn from it as there are a lot of lessons that you completely ignore:
1) if you're completely independent, than you have a choice as to what you want to do, until then you have no say. right now, your truck is nothing but "eye-candy" (since all you seemed concerned about is its lift and tire size) and transportation, if that.
2) legal principals on ownership.
3) mature choices and decisions; something that will be done throughout the rest of your life...some easy, some difficult...not just a matter of driving a pickup or station wagon...big deal!! ife is full of choices that need to be made: start up a business with limited capital, you make hard choices everyday. no one has a money tree growing in their backyard but as pointed out in regards to your paypal account, there's a sucker born every minute. consider yourself lucky that some people felt sorry for you and you have $200 in your pocket for nothing.
you are irresponsible because you're whining like a little puppy just separated from its mother...suck it up and move on!!!
how am i doing today? pretty well financially, i own 2 apartments and 2 houses, chugging along with life, trying to keep it slow and simple...i'm still pretty tight with a penny although if the price is right and i want it, i'll buy it. by the way, i drive a 89 2500, someone gave me (free), put in a lot of hours and a few bucks to get it rolling, bare basic, no a/c, no lift, no big tires, manual everything but it starts when it has to, hauls what i need, and it stops when i step on the brakes: i'm happy, all i need.
let me know where they list it....i could use another Z71. maybe i won't tear my 'everyday' one up so much now. i'll let you ride in it once in a while if you want.
people, this is my call for help here.&nbsp; I'm 18, a student at SFA, and I<BR>have a problem.&nbsp; My parents are selling my 1997 Z71 which I value above all<BR>else.&nbsp; I'm hoping that as fans of 4x4 Chevy's, you will hear my call.&nbsp; Check<BR>out the website to see how you can help.&nbsp; Thanks! Zack<BR><A href="http://www.geocities.com/angelus_liam/savetruck.html ">http://www.geocities.com/angelus_liam/savetruck.html </A><BR><BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Is it legal for them to sell a vehicle which I bought? Aren't there laws against that?
people, this is my call for help here.&nbsp; I'm 18, a student at SFA, and I<BR>have a problem.&nbsp; My parents are selling my 1997 Z71 which I value above all<BR>else.&nbsp; I'm hoping that as fans of 4x4 Chevy's, you will hear my call.&nbsp; Check<BR>out the website to see how you can help.&nbsp; Thanks! Zack<BR><A href="http://www.geocities.com/angelus_liam/savetruck.html ">http://www.geocities.com/angelus_liam/savetruck.html </A><BR><BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
he who hath the title owns the truck.
people, this is my call for help here.&nbsp; I'm 18, a student at SFA, and I<BR>have a problem.&nbsp; My parents are selling my 1997 Z71 which I value above all<BR>else.&nbsp; I'm hoping that as fans of 4x4 Chevy's, you will hear my call.&nbsp; Check<BR>out the website to see how you can help.&nbsp; Thanks! Zack<BR><A href="http://www.geocities.com/angelus_liam/savetruck.html ">http://www.geocities.com/angelus_liam/savetruck.html </A><BR><BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Well why don't you hire a lawyer to find out? Oh yeah that's right your broke.
I know send a plea for help to the internet community for money to hire a lawyer to sue your parents! Oh yeah we'd just tell you to fuck off.
people, this is my call for help here.&nbsp; I'm 18, a student at SFA, and I<BR>have a problem.&nbsp; My parents are selling my 1997 Z71 which I value above all<BR>else.&nbsp; I'm hoping that as fans of 4x4 Chevy's, you will hear my call.&nbsp; Check<BR>out the website to see how you can help.&nbsp; Thanks! Zack<BR><A href="http://www.geocities.com/angelus_liam/savetruck.html ">http://www.geocities.com/angelus_liam/savetruck.html </A><BR><BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Hey if I get a paypal account will ppl help me pay off the loan I took out to put a new motor in my Blazer???? lol lol lol
Sure!
Does PayPal accept donations in the amount of &0.01?
LOL
Refinish King

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 20:47:37 -0400, "Refinish King"
only 1/2 of your 2 cents, RF??? that isn't like you at all.. rofl

Mac
I'm like everyone else!
I have mood swings!
Shit, tonight my donation is up to $0.03 to Larry's motor fund!
Refinish King

Thanks for the 3 cent donation. lol ll lol
You're quite welcome!
I might get more generous and magnanimous and donate $0.04 next time!
Refinish King

Thanks for the 3 cent donation. lol lol lol
Hey buddy! =-) That's the 4th time you've used that joke. Do you have social issues or something? =-) Just wondering.

So what you have been whining in every trk group there is!!!!