HELP: Someone else must have a 4X4 '05 Colorado!

I got a '05 Colorado Z71 4X4 w/3500 5cyl & 4 speed auto, it now has

9000 miles on it. I just brought it to two dealers with this problem. I live on a hill, and when I came home from work , and went to back up the hill to my driveway, the truck "stuttered" (the best way I can describe it), like I bad gas but only in reverse!( bad hesitation) I tried it over the weekend, and when it is cold, I can "leave a patch" after driving a while, and tried, no patch but it stuttered! The dealer told me "that the way they are! It is stated in your manual!" I asked him how come only happens when it is hot! he said I tried a new one, and it did the exact thing! I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen? HAS ANYONE!!

Thanks Frank Raleigh NC

Reply to
Frank S.

Not in my 4 cyl 2 wheel drive.

Reply to
Commentator

Sounds like my dealership. Everytime I have a problem with mine, he says the same thing. I caught him off guard once and said ohh? Show me in the manual where the car drives to the left. :)

Last time I was in there he pulled the same thing again. There all like that. I asked to be shown, but he made up some BS about being too busy. Went to another dealership. Its now fixed.

Reply to
Kevin

Should have saved the web page, one of the performance mags doing a write up on how to make an R700 survive behind a big power engine. I realize the tranny in the Colorado is different, but there was specific mention of a beefed up servo to provide better engagement of 2-4, and no slipping and stopping shutter in reverse. could there be a similarity in design here?

TranSurgeon your thoughts?

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Reply to
Frank S.

Reply to
Kevin

Reply to
Frank S.

Why don't you explain to them that this is "not" what your complaint is? Your complaint is that you stop, put into reverse, and then when you attempt to accelerate in reverse there is a major hesitation (did I paraphrase that correctly?). Your complaint has "nothing" to do with the owners manual warning not to try to shove your trans into reverse while still moving in the forward direction!

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

That was the first dealer (the one I got the truck from). This dealer said it is normal and there is a reason it does it when it is hot, but he didn't understand what the tech was talking about I would have to talk to him.. well he was gone for the day. The service writer told me to call back today.... not the tech is on vacation!

I th>Frank S. wrote:

Reply to
Frank S.

That was the first dealer (the one I got the truck from). This dealer said it is normal and there is a reason it does it when it is hot, but he didn't understand what the tech was talking about I would have to talk to him.. well he was gone for the day. The service writer told me to call back today.... now the tech is on vacation until Monday! I think its time to bitch to chevy again. I have not felt this on another truck .They have (I guess I have to tale their word) BS Frank

shiden_kai wrote:

Reply to
Frank S.

Reply to
Robert Ball

I do it every night when I back up my street, and back down my driveway. I have to wait 3 seconds from a dead stop, then no problem.

Robert Ball wrote:

Reply to
Frank S.