HELP: Someone else must have a 4X4 '05 Colorado!

I got a '05 Colorado Z71 4X4 w/3500 5cyl & 4 speed auto, it now has 9000 miles on it. I just brought it to two dealers with this problem. I live on a hill, and when I came home from work , and went to back up
the hill to my driveway, the truck "stuttered" (the best way I can describe it), like I bad gas but only in reverse!( bad hesitation) I tried it over the weekend, and when it is cold, I can "leave a patch" after driving a while, and tried, no patch but it stuttered! The dealer told me "that the way they are! It is stated in your manual!" I asked him how come only happens when it is hot! he said I tried a new one, and it did the exact thing! I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen? HAS ANYONE!!
Thanks Frank Raleigh NC
Frank S. wrote:

Not in my 4 cyl 2 wheel drive.
--
I am 3 of 10. Prepare to be assimilated.

Sounds like my dealership. Everytime I have a problem with mine, he says the same thing. I caught him off guard once and said ohh? Show me in the manual where the car drives to the left. :)
Last time I was in there he pulled the same thing again. There all like that. I asked to be shown, but he made up some BS about being too busy. Went to another dealership. Its now fixed.

Should have saved the web page, one of the performance mags doing a write up on how to make an R700 survive behind a big power engine. I realize the tranny in the Colorado is different, but there was specific mention of a beefed up servo to provide better engagement of 2-4, and no slipping and stopping shutter in reverse. could there be a similarity in design here?
TranSurgeon your thoughts?
Whitelightning
They said it works like that to protect the tranny!! When I asked "how come it only started about a month ago and only when it's hot" That when the song and dance began. They said "we tried another, and it did the same thing. I haven't seen another one do it Guess I'll see what happens Frank
Frank S. wrote:

Go to the same guy and have him show you in another colorado. If it can be reproduced. Then go to another dealer and do the same. IF all 3 do it then you may have to live with it. You say the dealer said its in the manual. Have him show you where it says it does what your trying to in the manual,
They said it works like that to protect the tranny!!<BR>&gt; When I asked "how come it only started about a month ago and only when <BR>&gt; it's hot" That when the song and dance began.<BR>&gt; They said "we tried another, and it did the same thing. I haven't seen <BR>&gt; another one do it<BR>&gt; Guess I'll see what happens<BR>&gt; Frank<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Frank S. wrote:<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; I got a '05 Colorado Z71 4X4 w/3500 5cyl &amp;&nbsp; 4 speed auto, it now has <BR>&gt;&gt; 9000&nbsp; miles on it.<BR>&gt;&gt; I just brought it to two dealers with this problem.<BR>&gt;&gt; I live on a hill, and when I came home from work , and went to back up <BR>&gt;&gt; the hill&nbsp; to my driveway, the truck "stuttered" (the best way I can <BR>&gt;&gt; describe it), like I bad gas but only in reverse!( bad hesitation) I <BR>&gt;&gt; tried it over the weekend, and when it is cold, I can "leave a patch" <BR>&gt;&gt; after driving a while, and tried, no patch but it&nbsp; stuttered!<BR>&gt;&gt; The dealer told me "that the way they are! It is stated in your <BR>&gt;&gt; manual!" I asked him how come only happens when it is hot! he said I <BR>&gt;&gt; tried a new one, and it did the exact thing!<BR>&gt;&gt; I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen? HAS ANYONE!!<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; Thanks<BR>&gt;&gt; Frank<BR>&gt;&gt; Raleigh NC </BODY></HTML> ------=
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------020200000701080502010400 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
All it says in the manual is, Do not shift into reverse if you are moving forward, doing this can damage the transmission which is not covered my warrantee! OK who's to say I didn't stop!
Kevin wrote:

--------------020200000701080502010400--
Frank S. wrote:

Why don't you explain to them that this is "not" what your complaint is? Your complaint is that you stop, put into reverse, and then when you attempt to accelerate in reverse there is a major hesitation (did I paraphrase that correctly?). Your complaint has "nothing" to do with the owners manual warning not to try to shove your trans into reverse while still moving in the forward direction!
Ian
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------080404090603010604050707 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
That was the first dealer (the one I got the truck from). This dealer said it is normal and there is a reason it does it when it is hot, but he didn't understand what the tech was talking about I would have to talk to him.. well he was gone for the day. The service writer told me to call back today.... not the tech is on vacation!
I think its time to bitch to chevy again. I have not felt this on another truck .They have (I guess I have to tale their word) BS Frank
shiden_kai wrote:

--------------080404090603010604050707 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
<pre wrap="">Frank S. wrote:
Ian
--------------080404090603010604050707--
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040301040706090804040501 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
That was the first dealer (the one I got the truck from). This dealer said it is normal and there is a reason it does it when it is hot, but he didn't understand what the tech was talking about I would have to talk to him.. well he was gone for the day. The service writer told me to call back today.... now the tech is on vacation until Monday! I think its time to bitch to chevy again. I have not felt this on another truck .They have (I guess I have to tale their word) BS Frank
shiden_kai wrote:

--------------040301040706090804040501 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
<pre wrap="">Frank S. wrote:
Ian
--------------040301040706090804040501--
My 05 4X4 crew cab 3.5/auto did it yesterday! I would have been very concerned except I remembered your posting! Wife said "that _was_ where you were supposed to turn" so did a quick stop, reverse, punch it, stumbled, then ran OK. Never had it happen in "normal" driving. Reasonably flat road, slight uphill maybe, too busy watching for traffic to take note, and I'm obviously not familiar with the area or I wouldn't have missed the turn.
Frank S. wrote:

I do it every night when I back up my street, and back down my driveway. I have to wait 3 seconds from a dead stop, then no problem.