Help with 93 Chevy Truck headlights.

Okay here's my problem. When I get in my truck at night, start it, and then turn my headlight switch to "on" it takes the lights about 10 seconds
to come on. Also, when they do come on, my voltage meter goes down, and all my interior lights dim. Do I need a new alternator? With my headlights off, the alternator charges fine (unless I try to turn on the AC). Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Greetings,
First thing to do is take your truck to a local auto parts store that tests batteries and alternators and have them hook up their machine and tell you if anything is wrong. Usually takes about 10 minutes in the parking lot. If the alternator or battery isn't the problem, replace the headlight relay in the electrical center under the hood. A worn or shorted relay could possibly give you the symptoms you describe as well.
Cheers - Jonathan

I had the same problem, took about a year for the switch to go completely. Not hard to change at all.