Help with ball joint and lower control arm.

I have a 1996 Chevy Blazer. The bracket or 'mount' to the lower control arm broke that connects to the front torsion bar. I am replacing the whole arm.
I have a lower arm replacement.
I see the arm is attached with two bolts to the frame (front and back). The bottom of the shock absorber is mounted to the control arm. As is the front torsion bar. (That is the bracket/mount that is broken..) And the lower ball joint.
There does appear cleanace for removel of the lower ball joint.
My question is, can somone give advice on removal of lower ball joint and lower control arm assembly.
I have replaced the front drive units on chevy trucks by have never replaced a lower control arm.
I do not consider myself a 'mechanic' but am learning.
Any help would be appreciated.
Jason
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

A real mechanic isn't simply a parts changer.
On Aug 13, 11:33 am, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Jack it up, CAREFULLY back off the bolt for the torsion bar to release the pressure on it, take the bar out of the lower control arm, remove the lower shock mount, seperate the ball joint from the spindle with a fork, than remove the bolts holding the control arm in. You will need to have the ball joint pressed out and the new one pressed in with a hydralic press. Assemble in reverse order.

================== what AZ said, ditto.
Add to it......measure the "ride height" of the truck on BOTH sides BEFORE you take the tension off the torsion bar, it will help you after reinstalling everything. The ride height will affect the camber noticably and caster somewhat. Anytime you mess with the suspension for whatever reason, you're supposed to have the vehicle aligned. It's up to you. It's your tire money, not mine.
anywhooo, push down on the front bumper to settle the frontend into position, then........ take a measurement at the CENTER of the front or rear controll arm bolts, and reset the height after you're done. If the body bushings on the truck are good, not sagging or squashed, you can take the measurement at the CENTER, top, front wheel openings.
other than that........ what AZ said, ditto.
~:~ MarshMonster ~takes a sip of his shroom juice....mmmmm.....good stuff~ ~:~