Help with exhaust manifold to exhaust stud.

On my 88 2500 the studs that hold the exhaust pipe to the maifold are shot. It is causing the clamp to separate by about a 1/2 inch. Is it possible to remove the stud? Is it threaded or pressed in?

I would rather not remove the manifold and I am not sure if i can drill it out with it on.

Reply to
Connor
95's are threaded. So it probably safe to assume the 88's are too. Some penetrating oil will help you find out.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

the 88's are threaded... get some PB Blaster and hit it a couple of times, wait 15 mins or so and then try and back them out. I used a air ratchet (NOT an impact wrench) on mine and they backed out fairly easily. I used the air ratchet as it puts out less torque than my arm does, and seems to be able to loosen more delicate things w/o shearing the bolt off.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Reply to
Doug

Did them on my 87 last year, Parts America had the stud/spring kit for less than $10 a manifold if I remember right.

Reply to
BCarney147