Help with Timing

Hi Guys... I have an old ('85?) Chevy 350 engine. I put a new distributor on it and I lost the mark on the old one. What should the spark advance be when it is idling at 700 rpm? I have it set now at 12 degrees but that was just a wild guess. Many thanks for any help..... Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

Due to lack of vehicle motor information etc. I would set it at about 8 degrees before TDC with the vacuum advance plugged.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo