HEY DID ANYBODY SEE THIS??

The better half used the hazards the other night. with no problem, after turning them off she noticed no turn signals, now the hazards don?t work either. odd side effect, pressing the hazard button down hard (all the while hoping the switch was just stuck) resulted in the brake lights (all three) coming on. before I tear apart the column and begin checking all of the switches and replace all the flasher units I wanted to see if anyone else had ran into any similar issues. oh by the way all the parking lights and brake lights work, and there is no light on the dash when using the signals either Thanks

Reply to
danieltroll

Depending on what year you have. I had a similar issue with my 96 GMC. Found that the copper strip inside the blinker switch got damaged from using the 4 ways. Wound up trying to bypass different things before I gave up and bought another blinker switch. (Got one off ebay for $75). That solved everything. Seems the blinker switch in the column controls the blinkers, 4 ways, brakes, (And on mine) the cruise control, and the wipers. Replacing the switch took less than an hour. Which was far less time than it took to figure out that that was what I had to do!!

Reply to
Daveman

If I had to guess - (depending on the year of the truck) it's probably the multi-function switch in the column has gone bad. It controls many things in the truck, cruise, flashers, wipers, brake lights, turn signals, etc. I just replaced mine because my brake lights and hazard flashers stopped working. The dealership wants close to $400 for the switch, but it's commonly available from many other places so shop around. I bought one new for $165.

SuperDave

Reply to
SuperDave

Replace the flasher units first before you diving into the column. Check the fuse for the hazard lights and turn signals before you take the dash apart to do the flashers.

Reply to
ba5416