hey guys whata you thinkof the vortec heads?

I am being told instead of wasting my time on old cast heads that either crack or have small valves etc to just buy a set of 96-2000 350 vortec heads
and bolt em on my 4 bolt 350 block and they breath better. Any advice?... I can get a set for $200 and they ae god... a new set of aftermarket 2.02 heads are $800 Thanx for any advice