hi all.. need 350 tbi advice

I bought 2 trucks. 1, 1981 3/4 ton bo lo 4x4 3/4 ton 4 bolt 350 engine, and a 305 tbi 1987 2 wheelie peely.. I am putting all the wiring from the
1987 into the 1981, pulling the 4 bolt 350 (propane powered all her life) with bo lo tranny and putting a 700R4, 1992 ,350 tbi in it. I know I know. BOOOO... I love carb, but wanted to try something new.. I have never put a tbi in a truck..let alone this big of a conversion.. The question I ask is.. what is the biggest cam I can put in the tbi before the computer goes brain dead..?.. I was told 2 sizes bigger than stock... but what was the stock cam in a 1992 2500 van 350 tbi ? Any help would be great.. thanx for your time.
Not so much the gross lift but lobe separation that plays havoc on your ecm. Any good cam manufacture will help you select a cam based on your engine specifics such as compression, valve size, intended use and so on. They know what questions to ask. Your ecm don't know what kind of cam you have, its just looking at air flow vs tps to calculate load. You can run any cam you want with a custom chip, I'd recommend doing your own so you can properly tune it but you can buy one already burnt. Make sure during the swap you use all of the wiring from your donor truck. You will need the harness under the dash also. You have to have a VSS, brake switch and P/N switch all of these come from under the dash. You will need a speedo with a optical VSS from a chevy truck originally equipped with a TBI.

I took everything off the 87 right to the tail lights... A few wires were cobbled, but I think I can get her going. Thanx for the advice...I love tinkering and this is going to be a ground up mod.. :) Chev trucks rock