Hood release not engaging

I have a 99 Chevy Blazer LS which refuses to release the Hood. I hear a click but the hood won't release from the primary position. If I push the hood back down I hear a click to lock it but if I release it again I cannot
pull it up to the secondary position so that I cna use the secondary release lever.
Any ideas on how to get this latch unstuck? I sprayed CRC into the latch mechanism but no joy with that either.
Thanks for any help!
RT
push down on the hood, have someone else pull the cable and let the hood up. Should open. Once open spray it with the CRC and work it with the cable or a screwdriver then spray some white lithium into it to keep it lubed.
--
Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown NY

The suggestion was to CLOSE the hood while someone tired to open it.
~KJ/TLGM