HORSEPOWER?

I got a 1993 silverado stepside with a 350 in it. It came with a K&N filter, vette gears in the tranny and a Magna Performance 2 1/2 inch exhaust with no catalytic converter.

Curious as to what this is putting out for horsepower. Anyone?

Reply to
Michael McNeil

Unless it has had internal work done other than the exhaust and air filter your around 250 HP.

Reply to
Steve W.

lose the K&N or you will be replacing an engine sometime soon

Reply to
Jeff

Oh wow urb... I was gonna say sround 980 HP at the rear wheels. ;)

Reply to
Mark

Reply to
pedro

why? it's already been there for at least a year and the engine's got

340,000 on it now.....

what's the big problem with it?

Reply to
Michael McNeil

Inline..............

K&N good for MAYBE 5 HP on a really good day. Aside from all the shit it's letting into your engine.

Has no effect on HP, gear ratio is the same, just more durable than stock.

Good for 15-20 HP.

Considering they put out 260 HP stock, brand spankin' new and you have 300K+ miles on it, I'd say you're maybe seeing 210-215 HP.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

kilometers now miles.

but would still be a decrease n>Inline..............

Reply to
Michael McNeil

ANOTHER INTERESTING SITE WITH YOUR TRUCKS INFO AND HP RATING FOR TBI

pedro