hot cable on blazer

89 k5 fullsize, 350, 700r4,... Last night the battery would not turn the starter motor and the voltage went to 6 or 7 volts on start attempt. I presumed the starter solinoid ccontacts or the grounds were bad, or a short through a cable or wire could be at fault. Contacts fine.Got jump in parking lot and watched the terminal lug on the positive side MELT. I put the cable wires between the post inside the lug. No problems since. Not even warm. I am curious if this has happened to anyone else and if it may be a phantom problem elsewhere. The charging voltage has been 13.5 - .7 . I had the battery tested friday and it's OK. I have never seen such resistance on a battery cable. The lug had a bolt down steel plate to the lead lug. It was installed last summer. I hope no one else had such a monday and all are well. .............My third degree burn will heal....... Thanks guys R.
Reply to
R.Brandt