How difficult is it to replase fuel filter on 1998 Blazer?

Hello to All,
I plan to replace the fuel filter on my 1998 Blazer LT 4x4. One of the responses I received on this board was that it was very difficult and
that I might have to drop the driveshaft to get at the filter.
Is this really true? I can't believe that GM would approve such a design. Although I find it hard to believe that the fuel filter isn't under the hood!
Thanks for any responses.
A.J,.
Go ahead and believe it, you will never find it under the hood, goto your local autozone and ask them, the filter will run about 12 bucks and it is inside the frame on the drivers side almost underneath the door.

It isn't too bad of a job. I have a 99 4x4. The filter is on the driver's side next to the frame, about in the middle (front to back) of the vehicle. The most difficult part is getting the filter out of the clamp. The clamp isn't really a clamp because there is no way to unclamp it. When I finally got the filter out I shaved down the inside of the clamp with a dremel tool just a little bit, so that it would be easier to remove the filter in the future.
That was the part I was talking about was a problem, getting to that nut on the top to get the "clamp" loose.

Thanks brufener and to all who responded. Thanks brufener, that was exactly the kind of info I was looking for.
A.J.

Dont the fuel lines unsnap, from the clamp that the filter goes in? You can push the lines up out of the way to get to this. My S-10 is exactly the same.

There is a REAL clamp, you have to loosen the 10mm bolt on the top of it (very hard to get to with the drive shaft) and slide the filter out, went through the same problem with my 99 Jimmy