how do i get this thing off?? Ian, whitelightning SOS

Ok, trying to find the oil leak in my truck(89 454 4wd) and I think it's coming from the oil filter adapter/oil cooler lines. How do I get the oil filter adapter off? Does it unscrew(after lifting engine and
taking off oil pan)? I see two little things that look like plugged off holes that have threads on em but don't look substantial enough to be bolts, they are recessed(like something an allen key would fit) but square and between 1/4 and 3/8(tried both extensions) Anyone ever do this??? The adapter comes down out of the block on the drivers side, then 90's to the oil cooler lines then the oil filter(horizontal). I can snap some pics if it'll help.
Thanks
Ok, someone on fsc hooked me up here's the link for anyone having the same problem in the future...
http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/showthread.php?t#6498
89GMC wrote:

89GMC wrote:

Thanks for the info, I have a 97 leaking a drop now and then. When I get to it I'll have the info !
James