How do I siphon gas from Chevy S-10 pick up

I am trading in the truck and it has a full tank of gas and I woulg like to take it out and put it in my other cars. I can not seem to get the hose down into the tank, it seems to hitting on something any ideas on what is
happening.
could be a trap door like so you cant stick a hose down in tank, BUT not sure, but i have heard that some models have that. keeps ppl from stealing your gas
good f*cking grief

You're going to go to all that trouble for $30 worth of gas? Sheesh........................
Doc
That $30.00 worth of GAS will Cause you $500.00 in Damages to your NEW VEHICLE ,,, All the Crud and JUNK at the Bottom of The tank will come out with The Hose Via the NECK. And You want to DUMP it in the NEW VEHICLE ??
"Doc" wrote:

z381503 wrote:

What the hell....just poke a hole in the tank and drain it that way.
Ian
Better yet, un hook your fuel line and turn the truck on, let it pump the gas out itself :)

As somebody suggested disconnect the fuel filter, anc connect a rubber hose going into a gas can. Doc also mentioned that when you turn the key on, it will only run for a few seconds, also correct. But... most GMs have a fuel pump test connector, connect 12 volts to it, and the pump will run continuously. MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT CONNECTOR. Fuse the wire you use. The connector is usually under the hood at the rear drivers side. It is a single wire with a single female spade terminal. Also make sure you have the pressure side hooked to the hose so that the gas flows into the can, asnd not on the pavement. KenG
"Doc" wrote:

well I finally found someone cheaper then me

The hose is hitting on the lip of the neck that is on the tank it self. Try cutting the end of the hose you are using at a 45 angle, then reinsert in the filler neck. when it stops again, rotate the hose as you gently push. It should pop over the lip and enter the tank.
--
Lew Pratt
http://www.chevyk5blazer.com

Your right, there is a valve before the tank just to stop that from happening, I like the other guys suggestion, poke a hole in the tank, but thats me with junk cars.
I would just leave the gas in the tank and eat the loss, cheepass.

Society may be better served if you just negotiate in the trade the new vehicle have a full tank of gas when delivered to you.
The most probable reason you can't "get the hose down into the tank" is there's a ball float check valve in the system to prevent the tank from being over-filled and fuel spilled. It has the added benefit of keeping a siphon hose out.
Don`t be so cheap! If you can afford a different vehicle,you can afford a new tank of gas. Just like Doc said,(i think it was Doc)why do you wanna suck the junk from the bottom of the tank? Never,EVER thought about doing that! What`s your reasoning?