How do the 4L60E solenoids come off

Anybody got any tricks for removing the #$@ shift solenoids on the valve body of a 4L60E transmission? I've been under that track for two hours and I still can't get them off without breaking something that
would ruin the valve body. Please help. I'm going nuts.
Thanks
Brian 1993 CK 1500 350 TBI
snipped-for-privacy@brianwrites.com says...

Did you ... remove the clips?
It took me three hours to finally identify where the clips were. Once I found them, it took two minutes to get the solenoids out. Geez Louise. Glad I bought that service manual. Thanks for your help.
Brian