how do you check the fuel psi on tbi motor

Even thought the tank and pump are new.. I wanna make sure the engine is getting the propper flow.. Is there a gauge I can put in between the rubber coming off the tank ?... thanx

Reply to
Chevrolet

Shep

Reply to
Chevrolet

Try this: When you try to start it after sitting all night, turn on the key for about 15 seconds, turn it off and back on, then crank it. See if that helps.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Not sure what your really after but i may give you some insight of the opperation.As far as the fuel pressure yes, there is pressure adapters to check pressure and volumne.They fit at the fuel filter,although i like to adapt in after the filter when checking these because it helps determine if there is a restriction,volumne,and fuel pressure regulator issues.On a long crank time i would make sure the basics have been checked firstsuch as,Coolant temp,tps,mass air flow and or map sensor is working.The most overlooked item here is the coolant temp sensor,the ECM relies on the temp of the coolant for fuel control until it warms up and then the o2 sensors take charge.Also you might have injector problems as they may be opening too long or may be leaking off..You might even go as far as checking the EGR system for opperation a stuck egr valve can cause a hard start and long crank times.A little information hope this helps out, i will be checking in on this from time to time.John

Reply to
kraabman

Reply to
Chevrolet

fyi...the 15 second biz will not help like you think.....the fuel pump will only run for two seconds when the key is turned on and the engine not cranked. I've tried pausing for one second then cranking but it doesn't really help.

skimmer

Reply to
News Skimmer