How to remove heater fan 95 pickup

Page 1 of 2
95 Chevy K2500. I need to replace the heater blower fan. It's under the dash on the passenger side below glove compartment. I has a rubber cover over it. I cant seem to figure out how to remove that rubber
cover. Someone told me to remove the glove compartment. Removing that seems more difficult than the blower itself, since the screws are located real low under the door, which can not be opened beyond a certain point. Can anyone tell me step by step how to do this?
Thanks
On 12/28/2013 4:52 PM, snipped-for-privacy@work.com wrote:

Not had to do it so don't know directly, but I've found that there's a Utub video for virtually anything you search for...most of them have been enough to figure it out with (or to realize that is _not_ the way in a couple of instances; keep looking :) ).

On 12/28/13, 3:04 PM, dpb wrote:

Yes, do search YouTube... it's amazing what you can find now.
And a suggestion... find and grab a factory shop manual (often they come a set these days) for your vehicle/s. They can really save the day sometime; even if it's a job you decide not to tackle, at least you can read up on whats involved.
Also, should you ever buy a new vehicle, negotiate a set in as part of the deal... most of the time you can do it. (But I hear printed manuals might soon be going the way of the nixie tube...
If/when you sell the vehicle, the manuals are a good selling point, if you scrap or otherwise lose it, manuals sell well on eBay or Craigs List.
Good luck with the blower motor!
Erik

What! What happened to the nixie tube!!!!

I save mine. They remind me what I know.
Toyota's manuals arent' as good as American cars, imnsho.
There's even a warning in front of the Toyota that says roughly, Don't expect to fix this car by using these manuals.
I'm going back to American cars next time.
On Sat, 28 Dec 2013 16:52:54 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@work.com wrote:

Sometimes the online parts places such as Autozone will have that information.

Look into a subscription to Alldata from Autozone.
Don't know much about the K2500 but some vhicles you can get to/replane the fan from under the hood

Sounds like a lot of money. There are places around here that have an Alldata computer on the counter facing the customers, to use free.
The last one I knew was in Laurel, Md. I forget the chain's name.

micky wrote:

Right on the firewall.

cupon.
On Wed, 01 Jan 2014 23:43:20 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

A lot cheaper than I thought. And I suppose, unless you're dealing with a new or almost new car, you can get just about everything there is in your first year.
When I buy a used car, I only go to Laurel once, to see the TSBs and whatever else they have.
I also buy the shop manuals, even though they are over 100 dollars now, even on ebay.

On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 11:21:27 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

That's an idea, but I do like having them in print. I add the 100+ dollars to the cost of the car. Then it seems cheaper.

laptop to display the manual - so I come out feeling I'm ahead. The laptop is part of the "car kit"
On Wed, 01 Jan 2014 23:43:20 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Cheaper because I didn't know you could get a subscription for just one car.

Not for the money they want. I know a guy who used to work for an auto repair shop, he said they paid over $2000 a year for it, and that was 4 or 5 years ago.
On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 22:21:48 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@work.com wrote:

We have several vehicles and pay ~ $30 for the first sub and ~$15 each for the rest. that's per year
On Sat, 28 Dec 2013 16:52:54 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@work.com wrote:

Have you tried googling this? It's amazing how many very specific topics are out there for car repair, both youtube and text. Mostly youtube but it's worth it if it's just what you want.
Omit the year and see what years it gives you. I'm sure pickups were the same for several years in a row.