How to remove wiper arm?

I need to now the secret to removing the rear wiper arm on my 1996 Suburban. I have lifted the arm and slid the tab that holds it up. But I can't pry
the arm off. What's the trick?
wiggle it length ways ( along the length when the arm is against the window )
if you're brave and got steady hands a hammer will give enough pressure for leverage if done properly. I've had to use the hammer a couple of times on ym 93 silverado

----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below ----------------------------------------------------- http://users.eastlink.ca/~mikemcneil/index.htm
"Michael McNeil" wrote:

Strange becaue the ones on my 2000 (classic, non silverado) lifted right off with out effort after releasing the clip.
Hey guys. I know this is the rear but (without looking at mine) I know the front arms are held on by a nut. There is a fluted cone shaped pin that the arm fits over and a nut tightens it in place. Does the pivoting end look like there is a cover that pops off or hinges up to reveal this nut? !/2 inch I believe BTW