How to take off daylight running lights

My burb has daytime running lights. I do not need them in the UK how do you return the car to normal?

Ray, this is a normal operation here in Canada where we are safety conscious, it's a proven fact that day time accidents are reduced when headlights are used during the day, just look at motor cycles, why do you think their lights are on during the day time----FOR OTHER DRIVERS TO SEE THEM !!!. Leaving the Daytime running lights working will do NO harm to the truck, may prevent an accident and just think, you'll be a model citizen of safety.
Dave.

you
Safety conscious? while I was en route from buffalo to detroit I was passed by about 30 Ontario drivers doing right around 100MPH... safety my ass..

Well thanks for the info but its my car and I want it to be how I want it to be, not what is deemed correct.
We seem to manage in the UK without these lights on, and most people over here can see a bloody great suburban heading for them!.
I do not want to get into the politics, just some advice on how to get the car back to an American version, happy independence day by the way.
Please if someone knows just tell me.

do
Just remove the bulbs, stupid. Then you will be unsafe if you wish. STOVEBOLT

Howard McCollister wrote:

Brilliant, like this everybody that gets face to face with him in a poor visibility condition will just keep on moving... BRAVO!
Talk about safety... we should rename this thread :-)
--
Eaulive,

Why does your son have ILLEGAL colors on the FRONT of his vehicle. Good thing he isn't around here he would get pulled over in a heart beat and ticketed for a major violation. Red lights in the front of a vehicle is illegal in every state UNLESS he is a state approved emergency vehicle and has a siren and legal authority to have both.
--
Pacifism - The theory that if they'd fed
Jeffrey Dahmer enough human flesh,

it
over
the
dave wrote:

AGREED! I have a US version Blazer and I am going to do the mod to have them!
--
Eaulive,

So they got a little confused..........100KPH-------100 MPH ! oops.... :)

you

You mean 100 km/h -------- 100 mph. ;-}
Just pull the right fuse. it works fine. the fuse is in the side of the dash with the drivers door open. john

you
I had heard a friend trying to do the same thing. Someone told him to engage the parking brake one click, (one click only) and the DRL lights go off. Downfall: Parking Brake light goes on. I am not sure if 'one click' on parking brake actually ingages the brake or not, anyone know for sure?
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (USFSIG) wrote in message

I guess if you want to disconnect the safety feature that's fine, I lowered my truck and this site came apart. My Canadian truck that has lived in Canada, USA, and Mexico for the last 5 yrs and has only had one problem because of the Daylight running lights, is that they all want to flash there lights at me in the daytime, thinking I have left them on. The best thing I could have driving in Mexico is the lights on in the daytime. The SAME bulbs have been in for 5 years, as far as fast Canadians in Ontario,southern California drivers can almost drive faster the local Mexicans here in Baja. Put after I thought about having lived in England, France, and Scotland, is that as I remember those countrys don't have fog or rain in the daylight hours, do they???