How to take off daylight running lights

My burb has daytime running lights. I do not need them in the UK how do you return the car to normal?

Reply to
ray

Ray, this is a normal operation here in Canada where we are safety conscious, it's a proven fact that day time accidents are reduced when headlights are used during the day, just look at motor cycles, why do you think their lights are on during the day time----FOR OTHER DRIVERS TO SEE THEM !!!. Leaving the Daytime running lights working will do NO harm to the truck, may prevent an accident and just think, you'll be a model citizen of safety.

Reply to
dave

Safety conscious? while I was en route from buffalo to detroit I was passed by about 30 Ontario drivers doing right around 100MPH... safety my ass..

Reply to
Bret Chase

Reply to
dave

Well thanks for the info but its my car and I want it to be how I want it to be, not what is deemed correct.

We seem to manage in the UK without these lights on, and most people over here can see a bloody great suburban heading for them!.

I do not want to get into the politics, just some advice on how to get the car back to an American version, happy independence day by the way.

Please if someone knows just tell me.

Reply to
ray

Reply to
STOVEBOLT

AGREED! I have a US version Blazer and I am going to do the mod to have them!

Reply to
Le Boule

Brilliant, like this everybody that gets face to face with him in a poor visibility condition will just keep on moving... BRAVO!

Talk about safety... we should rename this thread :-)

Reply to
Le Boule

You mean 100 km/h -------- 100 mph. ;-}

Reply to
Stephen Gallagher

Reply to
johnny

standardize

Nonsense.....you can buy them at any parts store. Nothing special about them.

my son replaced the DRL bulbs on his 99 silverado with some red

Red lights in the front?? Different AND highly illegal.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Brower

Why does your son have ILLEGAL colors on the FRONT of his vehicle. Good thing he isn't around here he would get pulled over in a heart beat and ticketed for a major violation. Red lights in the front of a vehicle is illegal in every state UNLESS he is a state approved emergency vehicle and has a siren and legal authority to have both.

Reply to
Steve W.

I'll pass your concerns on to him. I'm sure he'll pull them right off.

HMc

Reply to
Howard McCollister

I had heard a friend trying to do the same thing. Someone told him to engage the parking brake one click, (one click only) and the DRL lights go off. Downfall: Parking Brake light goes on. I am not sure if 'one click' on parking brake actually ingages the brake or not, anyone know for sure?

Reply to
USFSIG

I guess if you want to disconnect the safety feature that's fine, I lowered my truck and this site came apart. My Canadian truck that has lived in Canada, USA, and Mexico for the last 5 yrs and has only had one problem because of the Daylight running lights, is that they all want to flash there lights at me in the daytime, thinking I have left them on. The best thing I could have driving in Mexico is the lights on in the daytime. The SAME bulbs have been in for 5 years, as far as fast Canadians in Ontario,southern California drivers can almost drive faster the local Mexicans here in Baja. Put after I thought about having lived in England, France, and Scotland, is that as I remember those countrys don't have fog or rain in the daylight hours, do they???

Reply to
pedro