howl in yukon

my 1999 k1500 yukon, howls every now and then, thought it might be the brakes had them check and rear ones worked on, but still every now and then.... any suggestions????

thanks

Reply to
main

Knowing under which circumstances it howls would be of GREAT help.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

My 99 burban would do that. Tried a bunch of things and it ended up being U joints.

Reply to
Trail Shredder

just about anytime, thought just when brakes were used but also going down the hiway, sometimes when pulling, sometimes not, seems to be no pattern! thanks

Reply to
main

Does it do it more when it's really hot outside?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

have not noticed any difference because of temp.

Reply to
main

It's probably coming from the tires when you drive on different types of concrete or asphalt. Some of the stuff they use nowadays is damn noisy.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Reply to
colmar

I am beginning to think may have something to do with the rear air, any ideas?

Reply to
main