Hypertech ?s

I have a 04 c1500 with 9" of lift on 37" tires. I bought a hypertech programer to compensate for tire size and increase high speed limit. I plan on adding a funtional ram air hood with cold air
intake, mass airflow sensor, and cat back exhost. My question is does any one know the best settings to pull out some more power in the mean time. The engine is only a 4.3 v6 thanks Mark
"Maack" wrote: > I have a 04 c1500 with 9" of lift on 37" tires. I bought a > hypertech programer to compensate for tire size and increase > high speed limit. I plan on adding a funtional ram air hood > with cold air intake, mass airflow sensor, and cat back > exhost. My question is does any one know the best settings to > pull out some more power in the mean time. The engine is only > a 4.3 v6 > thanks > Mark
I also plan on switching out the gears as well
should have bought a v8 old john

I agree you need a V8. With all that,you need to do something else.Cam change, heads,headers,full exhaust. What do you use the truck for?
"Maack" wrote: > I have a 04 c1500 with 9" of lift on 37" tires. I bought a > hypertech programer to compensate for tire size and increase > high speed limit. I plan on adding a funtional ram air hood > with cold air intake, mass airflow sensor, and cat back > exhost. My question is does any one know the best settings to > pull out some more power in the mean time. The engine is only > a 4.3 v6 > thanks > Mark
I know i should of bought a v8 but when i got her i was in school workin part time to all i could aford for a new truck was 2 wheel drive v6 work truck model. now im making more $ and kicken my self in the a$$ for not waiting till i could aford what i really wanted . I just drive her to get me to work and back and for going out at night. I dont use her as a work truck.
Well if your making more money now, trade in the truck for one with a V8. There's only so much power your going to get out of it. The Engine is already doing extra hard work with the Larger tires, a bit with the lift, and the Power programmer. You could go Nitrous or a Supercharger, again either is really a waste on your V6. Sell your truck, and get one with a V8 and do it up right.

"JBDragon1" wrote: > Well if your making more money now, trade in the truck for one > with a V8. > There's only so much power your going to get out of it. The > Engine is > already doing extra hard work with the Larger tires, a bit > with the lift, > and the Power programmer. You could go Nitrous or a > Supercharger, again > either is really a waste on your V6. Sell your truck, and > get one with a > V8 and do it up right. > >
> > > "Maack" wrote: > &nbsp;> > I have a 04 c1500 with 9" of lift on 37" tires. I > bought a > &nbsp;> > hypertech programer to compensate for tire size and > increase > &nbsp;> > high speed limit. I plan on adding a funtional ram > air hood > &nbsp;> > with cold air intake, mass airflow sensor, and cat > back > &nbsp;> > exhost. My question is does any one know the best > settings to > &nbsp;> > pull out some more power in the mean time. The > engine is only > &nbsp;> > a 4.3 v6 > &nbsp;> > thanks > &nbsp;> > Mark > > > > I know i should of bought a v8 but when i got her i was in > school > > workin part time to all i could aford for a new truck was 2 > wheel > > drive v6 work truck model. now im making more $ and kicken > my self in > > the a$$ for not waiting till i could aford what i really > wanted . I > > just drive her to get me to work and back and for going out > at night. > > I dont use her as a work truck.
Not even a V8 will fix your problems. You need GEARS big time. With that V6 and a set of 4.88 or 5.13s with those tires and you will be amazed at the difference. Even a bigger motor would suck with stock gears and 37s and not ot mention strain on tranny too. It will run a lot better with gears and V6 than a small block with current gears and tranny will last longer too.
"Maack" wrote: > I have a 04 c1500 with 9" of lift on 37" tires. I bought a > hypertech programer to compensate for tire size and increase > high speed limit. I plan on adding a funtional ram air hood > with cold air intake, mass airflow sensor, and cat back > exhost. My question is does any one know the best settings to > pull out some more power in the mean time. The engine is only > a 4.3 v6 > thanks > Mark
I plan on going with the 4.88s as far as nitrous and superchargers go, i havent bene able to find a company that makes a super carger for the 4.3 v6 Ive bene told that the ones made for the s10 is not the same as for full size trucks. and I wouldnt do nitrous. Ive thought about trading in the truck and gettin one with a v8.
"Maack" wrote:

I would stay away from nitrous too for a 4x4 as a power solution. The boosts are short and expensive. You regear that truck with 4.88s and you will have a completely different opinion of it adterward and may loose interest in a trade off. It is a big and classic mistake that some make with big rubber that they blame engine before they properly regear truck for tire size and load. It has really got to be a slug right now with 37s and stock gearing. The 4.3 is not a bad engine but no engine will do well if not properly geared for load.
"SnoMan" wrote: > [quote:580c9cb064="Maack"]I plan on going with the 4.88's as > far as nitrous and superchargers go, i haven't bene able to > find a company that makes a super carger for the 4.3 v6 I've > bene told that the ones made for the s10 is not the same as > for full size trucks. and I wouldn't do nitrous. I've thought > about trading in the truck and gettin one with a > v8.[/quote:580c9cb064] > > I would stay away from nitrous too for a 4x4 as a power > solution. The boosts are short and expensive. You regear that > truck with 4.88's and you will have a completely different > opinion of it adterward and may loose interest in a trade off. > It is a big and classic mistake that some make with big rubber > that they blame engine before they properly regear truck for > tire size and load. It has really got to be a slug right now > with 37's and stock gearing. The 4.3 is not a bad engine but > no engine will do well if not properly geared for load.
I would only do nitrous if I had a lowered truck, but i like to sit up high and watch people move out of my way. Im a fairley small guy but im pretty itiminating when i come up behind cars and most trucks (i love that fealing) Front air dam is around 25" off the ground compared to stock at about 11" Roof if about 7 high very nice but cant get in most parking garages.
Truck is actually only 2wd I know everyones thinking why the hell would you lift a 2wd that high. At the time i really didnt want a 4wd, Im big into 4wheeling with a jeep ive built and knew if my truck was 4wd it would receive plenty of body damage cause i would not be able to resist taking it on a trail to see it capabilities. So thats why i got a 2wd. But the 2wd was to low so i put in a 6" suspension lift with 33s then i went and added a 3" body lift and 37s.
Does any one know how this truck is to switch out rear gears? Ive done it before but with a locked Dana 44 in a jeep. Or is it different with newer rear ends? This truck does have the stock locker in the rear end
Are you sure that the trucks that get out of your way aren't pulling over because the drivers are laughing so hard they have to stop to wipe the tears out of their eyes? Regards, JR

"Eliminate annoying spam!
"Maack" wrote:

Nothing wrong with lifting a 2wd truck if you like the look. Also the 10 bolt rear end in the truck is not a fussy rear end to setup. If you could do a D44, you can do a 10 bolt.
"Maack" wrote: > I have a 04 c1500 with 9" of lift on 37" tires. I bought a > hypertech programer to compensate for tire size and increase > high speed limit. I plan on adding a funtional ram air hood > with cold air intake, mass airflow sensor, and cat back > exhost. My question is does any one know the best settings to > pull out some more power in the mean time. The engine is only > a 4.3 v6 > thanks > Mark
Just ordered a set of 4.88s hopefully theyll be here friday to give me something good to do this weekend
"Maack" wrote:

For the record, 4.88 with 37s will yeild a little over 1800rpm in OD at 60 MPH which is still pretty marginal with that setup and a V6. 5.13s would have given you just a bit nder 2000 RPM and same speed and would have been a better match for your setup.