Hypertech ?’s

I have a 04 c1500 with 9" of lift on 37" tires. I bought a hypertech programer to compensate for tire size and increase high speed limit. I plan on adding a funtional ram air hood with cold air intake, mass airflow sensor, and cat back exhost. My question is does any one know the best settings to pull out some more power in the mean time. The engine is only a 4.3 v6 thanks Mark

Reply to
Maack

"Maack" wrote: > I have a 04 c1500 with 9" of lift on 37" tires. I bought a > hypertech programer to compensate for tire size and increase > high speed limit. I plan on adding a funtional ram air hood > with cold air intake, mass airflow sensor, and cat back > exhost. My question is does any one know the best settings to > pull out some more power in the mean time. The engine is only > a 4.3 v6 > thanks > Mark

I also plan on switching out the gears as well

Reply to
Maack

Reply to
<ajeeperman

I agree you need a V8. With all that,you need to do something else.Cam change, heads,headers,full exhaust. What do you use the truck for?

Reply to
Bill

"Maack" wrote: > I have a 04 c1500 with 9" of lift on 37" tires. I bought a > hypertech programer to compensate for tire size and increase > high speed limit. I plan on adding a funtional ram air hood > with cold air intake, mass airflow sensor, and cat back > exhost. My question is does any one know the best settings to > pull out some more power in the mean time. The engine is only > a 4.3 v6 > thanks > Mark

I know i should of bought a v8 but when i got her i was in school workin part time to all i could aford for a new truck was 2 wheel drive v6 work truck model. now im making more $ and kicken my self in the a$$ for not waiting till i could aford what i really wanted . I just drive her to get me to work and back and for going out at night. I dont use her as a work truck.

Reply to
Maack

Well if your making more money now, trade in the truck for one with a V8. There's only so much power your going to get out of it. The Engine is already doing extra hard work with the Larger tires, a bit with the lift, and the Power programmer. You could go Nitrous or a Supercharger, again either is really a waste on your V6. Sell your truck, and get one with a V8 and do it up right.

Reply to
JBDragon

Not even a V8 will fix your problems. You need GEARS big time. With that V6 and a set of 4.88 or 5.13?s with those tires and you will be amazed at the difference. Even a bigger motor would suck with stock gears and 37?s and not ot mention strain on tranny too. It will run a lot better with gears and V6 than a small block with current gears and tranny will last longer too.

Reply to
SnoMan

"Maack" wrote: > I have a 04 c1500 with 9" of lift on 37" tires. I bought a > hypertech programer to compensate for tire size and increase > high speed limit. I plan on adding a funtional ram air hood > with cold air intake, mass airflow sensor, and cat back > exhost. My question is does any one know the best settings to > pull out some more power in the mean time. The engine is only > a 4.3 v6 > thanks > Mark

I plan on going with the 4.88?s as far as nitrous and superchargers go, i haven?t bene able to find a company that makes a super carger for the 4.3 v6 I?ve bene told that the ones made for the s10 is not the same as for full size trucks. and I wouldn?t do nitrous. I?ve thought about trading in the truck and gettin one with a v8.

Reply to
Maack

I would stay away from nitrous too for a 4x4 as a power solution. The boosts are short and expensive. You regear that truck with 4.88?s and you will have a completely different opinion of it adterward and may loose interest in a trade off. It is a big and classic mistake that some make with big rubber that they blame engine before they properly regear truck for tire size and load. It has really got to be a slug right now with 37?s and stock gearing. The 4.3 is not a bad engine but no engine will do well if not properly geared for load.

Reply to
SnoMan

"SnoMan" wrote: > [quote:580c9cb064="Maack"]I plan on going with the 4.88's as > far as nitrous and superchargers go, i haven't bene able to > find a company that makes a super carger for the 4.3 v6 I've > bene told that the ones made for the s10 is not the same as > for full size trucks. and I wouldn't do nitrous. I've thought > about trading in the truck and gettin one with a > v8.[/quote:580c9cb064] > > I would stay away from nitrous too for a 4x4 as a power > solution. The boosts are short and expensive. You regear that > truck with 4.88's and you will have a completely different > opinion of it adterward and may loose interest in a trade off. > It is a big and classic mistake that some make with big rubber > that they blame engine before they properly regear truck for > tire size and load. It has really got to be a slug right now > with 37's and stock gearing. The 4.3 is not a bad engine but > no engine will do well if not properly geared for load.

I would only do nitrous if I had a lowered truck, but i like to sit up high and watch people move out of my way. I?m a fairley small guy but im pretty itiminating when i come up behind cars and most trucks (i love that fealing) Front air dam is around 25" off the ground compared to stock at about 11" Roof if about 7? high very nice but cant get in most parking garages.

Truck is actually only 2wd I know everyones thinking why the hell would you lift a 2wd that high. At the time i really didn?t want a

4wd, I?m big into 4wheeling with a jeep ive built and knew if my truck was 4wd it would receive plenty of body damage cause i would not be able to resist taking it on a trail to see it capabilities. So thats why i got a 2wd. But the 2wd was to low so i put in a 6" suspension lift with 33?s then i went and added a 3" body lift and 37?s.

Does any one know how this truck is to switch out rear gears? I?ve done it before but with a locked Dana 44 in a jeep. Or is it different with newer rear ends? This truck does have the stock locker in the rear end

Reply to
Maack

Are you sure that the trucks that get out of your way aren't pulling over because the drivers are laughing so hard they have to stop to wipe the tears out of their eyes? Regards, JR

Reply to
JR

Nothing wrong with lifting a 2wd truck if you like the look. Also the

10 bolt rear end in the truck is not a fussy rear end to setup. If you could do a D44, you can do a 10 bolt.
Reply to
SnoMan

"Maack" wrote: > I have a 04 c1500 with 9" of lift on 37" tires. I bought a > hypertech programer to compensate for tire size and increase > high speed limit. I plan on adding a funtional ram air hood > with cold air intake, mass airflow sensor, and cat back > exhost. My question is does any one know the best settings to > pull out some more power in the mean time. The engine is only > a 4.3 v6 > thanks > Mark

Just ordered a set of 4.88?s hopefully they?ll be here friday to give me something good to do this weekend

Reply to
Maack

For the record, 4.88 with 37?s will yeild a little over 1800rpm in OD at 60 MPH which is still pretty marginal with that setup and a V6.

5.13?s would have given you just a bit nder 2000 RPM and same speed and would have been a better match for your setup.
Reply to
SnoMan