I have a fuzzy fuel guage on my 98 k3500

I have a 98 k3500 with an oscillating fuel gauge. For example when the indicator shows 3/4 of a tank the needle will oscillate from about 5/8 of a tank to 7/8 of a tank. I am guessing at the rate of oscillation but would
say it oscillates at about 15hz. I have owned the vehicle for about 3 weeks and it was doing it when I bought it, so I am not sure when it started doing it. So is it something in the instrument cluster or in the fuel tank? All of the other gauges work well.
Thanks
pretty sure its the sending unit mounted in the gas tank.not cheap to fix.have to drop fuel tank.