I know this is not a chev but the stuck ups..

on the ford forums won't help or give rude replies.. That's ford owners for ya LOL Can anyone tell me what the symptoms of a ballast resistor ?.. I
have a 1994 Mustang 3.8 (JUNK I know) it starts and runs not bad but I can't rev the engine or do squat till it runs for about 3 min ?... it feels like it is missing bad.. Could the resitor be causing it ?. it is pretty green looking in the wire going in and looks like it is about to break.. thanx for any help.. If I offended anyone for posting this on the chev 4x4 site I am sorry also.. I own a 1981 3/4 chev 4x4 as well if it makes you happy :) Thanx

perhaps u have some corrosion in your cables, check them out.

You might checl plugs, wiring and timing and maybe fuel as well because if it is over rich for a bit it will run very poorly ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Not likely since a 94 Mustang doesn't have a ballast resistor.

well whatr is that thing off the coil pack.. looks like the old ballast resistors.. round cylinder one wire grounded to coil pack

That just keeps noise out of the radio

A condenser. And if you don't know the difference between -it- and a ballast resistor, you probably don't have the necessary knowledge to fix this heap.
I work on newer chev's ....well 81 up.. Never worked on the old ballast and points systems.. I typed in on the ford forums and ballast resistor came up.. thought it was odd as it only controls volts but should be on this typr of engine.. Like I said before , I don't work on fords.. I justwanna get this going and get rid of it..

81 and up Chevys have noise reduction condensers in the distributor, in the alternator, on the tachometer circuit bolted to the firewall and occasionally on the HVAC blower motor, Corvettes can also have them across the brake light switch, the turn signal switch, the blower switch, etc. and they all look just like the one on your Ford.

Which makes your statement "looks like the old ballast resistors.." even more strange.

Sounds like one of Snoman's answers...

Gee, I walked out of a Chevy dealership after 8 years into a Ford dealership and within a month, I was their top producer. After 3 years I rolled my tool box 2 doors away to the Chrysler-Plymouth dealership as their head driveability mechanic. No difference between Chevy electrons and Ford electrons.
If you're in doubt about the device in question, unplug it, since it only serves as a noise (static) filter, it is not needed for the engine to run.

YoU. DiD..?

HoPeFuLlY. yOu. CoOk. BeTtEr. ThAn. YoU. FiX. cArS..

TrY. rEaDiNg. A. bAsIc. AuToMoTiVe. TeXt. BoOk. InStEaD..

a. BiT. eArLy. FoR. BeD. bUt. ThAnKs. AnYwAy..
On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 02:06:52 GMT, aarcuda69062

Just ignore this guy as "aarcuda" is a lengend in his own mind and a first class troll too. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
SnoMan wrote:

What's a "lengend"?
Ian

Where there is one troll, soon anther will appear I see.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

What's an "anther?"
SnoMan wrote:

No, my name is Ian....not "anther"!
Ian

I'm pretty sure I'm not a "lengend" in my mind or anyone else's. (anyone know what a "lengend" is?)