*I'll try this again........*

Earlier, I asked if anyone had any commments, pro or con about a functional ram air hood for my 2003 2500HD. I am really interested in purchasing such a hood and would like input from those who already have.

Mike from Virginia

Reply to
In ten more years

Darn Mike, i don't anybody that makes "functional" ram-air hood for your truck............but you could install a 2.5" or 4" cowl induction scoop on it. Orrrrrrrr you could run dryer hose from the grille into the airbox and create your own "ram-air" system. ram-air on a street driven vehicle is only good for about 5 hp at the most. There are custom hoods for your truck with integrated scoops but unlees you plumb them into the air intake they serve nothing more than to funnel fresh air into the engine compartment.

Reply to
Mad Dog

A few months ago, I was watching an episode of "Truckin'" and they installed a hood with functional hood scoops that came with an aftermarket airbox and all. Surely someone on this list has some reference to thishood. I wish I had taped it now. Oh well, if I keep lookin', I'm sure something will come up.

Thanks for the response anyway Mad Dog

Mike

Reply to
In ten more years

Found this doing a search bro...

Mad Dog

I think it was on "Trucks" and you can view their site @

Here's a hood they used. hth

StyxNStones®

Hey, I think you got it...!! That's exactly the hood I'm looking for.!! Gee... thanks dude..!!

Reply to
In ten more years

no problem, glad to be of some help...

Reply to