I need shift instructions for 85 S10

I have this old 1985 S10 Blazer 4x4 and I would like to know how to properly operate the shifter........ it looks like I have a 2hi, a 4hi, and a 4lo but
I have no idea where these are on the shifter or how to go from one to the other............

maybe someone stuck 4x4 on the side of the box and thats throwing you off?
gawd, i hope not, but if the shift lever's not forward on the tranny hump i couldn't tell ya. i don't think they had electronic then, which would be pushbutton on the dash
look on the backside of the driver's sun visor. any instructions there?
well, if not, whatever you do, don't shift the thing into 4Lo outside of neutral and stopped, that is, if you find the shifter.

Having trouble reading? He found the shifter dude.............
Doc

No, are you having trouble with understanding the nature of usenet, in that some servers don't get all messages? Or are you just a chronic malcontent that always needs to correct someone? DUDE???
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 23:29:27 -0600, "Kirby \"Does it Hurt?\" Black"

<peace maker mode>
I think what Doc meant was that the OP found the shifter, but it must not be marked, because he doesn't know where the positions on the shifter are..
</peace maker mode>
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
I found the shifter! I just need directions as to how to shift it, it is not marked, and the owners manual was NOT in the glovebox.......

I can see what doc supposedly was referring to after going back to read the post I replied to, again, but I don't have time to respond trying to explain the way I read what don implied, "as far as I read it." I'm not gonna fault him for a lack of writing skills cause it serves no purpose, just like doc's post to me doesn't.

Touche Kirby! <g>
Try not to be so sensitive eh? This is usenet after all! You assume I was berating you when in fact I was just goofin' around.........dude.
Doc the chronic malcontent (I've been called worse)

ok, i have an 84 and an 86 4x4 Blazer S10. Both have shifters on the floor and have indicators. There are 4 positions:
(1)2 Lo - closest to the front of the vehicle
(2)4 Hi - shift to and from 2 lo at any speed, just not on pavement and especially careful with the wheels not straight.
(3) Neutral -this position is for emergencies like winching and towing ect...I am neurtal towards everyone reading this!
(4) 4 Lo - this position requires caution. Always have your main trans in N (both mine are automatic). When you shift, do it continuously from 4 hi to 4 lo as not to grind. Do not stop in the 3rd position.
there are also lights on the left side of the shifter to indicate if the differential is engaged. the lights often burn out and the diff often sticks in 4 high. If this happens, just step on the brake (preferably when the vehicle is on a slight incline) move the shifter if nessicarry. The shifter works on a 12 volt and the actual locking in place of the front axle is hydralic (I think!)
get out there and get stuck! make sure both axles are spinning!
that should be 2 HIGH No 2 low on S blazers
--
Steve Williams

"darcy" < snipped-for-privacy@nospam.island.nospam.net> wrote in message
laugh if ya want bout the stickers BUT this one will make ya wet your pants from laughing say s-10 yesterday appeared to be between 94-96 it was a 2 wheel drive with low profile tires on it, looked to be a old set of krager rims and on the tailgate it had zr2 off road stickers, on the rear panel of the bed it had 4x4 and on the doors it had super sport, i bout died laughing.

They musta been all out of "Type-R" stickers at Wal-Mart!
Doc