ignition problem 98 Z71

Someone attempted to steal my truck. They smashed out the steering column housing and ripped the wires out of the top of the ignition. The ignition
switch itself doesn't appear to be damaged.
After replacing the pulled out wires, it cranks but wont start. I had two mechanics look at it and they cant figure out why. (Something to do with the security feature?)
(1998 gmc Sierra Z71 5.3L Auto 4x4)
its got 74,000 miles but is remarably well kept with every sceduled dealer service. The problem is definatley a result of the theft attempt, as Ive never had any irregular symtoms before this. We also put a code reader on it and it comes up with nothing

Does the security light come on? Is the Passlock system throwing a code? There should be three wires to the ignition cylinder. One is for the Passlock system. Turn the system on and leave it on for 10 minutes. The security light should stop flashing at this point. The system has now been reset. If the security light is not flashing, you have other issues.