im back...rough start blazer..sluggish

ok heres a clip of previous post then whats happening now!!

1992 4.3l "w" blazer 155k auto/air/power everything

When my engine is under a load (going up hill, passing on highway or just trying to get above 55). It drops off like its not getting any gas.

Fuel pressure is good 60 psi

EGR is good

Plugs and wires good.

any ideas . Tommorow Im going to replace the coil because at night (darkness) i can see a small blue spark when i mist it with water (windex)

If that doesn't work im going to open up the top of the fuel injection and look for leaks etc. (like recommened a few months ago on this newsgroup when i was having rough starts...but they went away.)

thanks

92 blazer 4.3l "W"

OK ...........seems to be running a little better but it also got real warm up here lately(not sure if the cold wheather has any thing to do with it)

i've got new wires and plugs and coil.

First new Plugs and wires. Then new coil. all are spaced proper no arching. Like i said Fuel pressure is good(60psi). Previous owner (freind) put new pump,filter,and tank in it. But it won't hurt to change the filter again. ($cheap) Also like i said in another posting, i removed/checked EGR valve. It was a little dirty but not as bad as i hoped

GREAT NEWS..............I replaced the coil and it seems to be running great. Under a load , up hills and passsing on the highway. Starts right up. So that seems to have been my problem. $16.99

It still runs a little rough when sitting in park.(chugga chuagga rumble rumble). Im going to try and turn up the idle a little(?) but i guess i can't ask for everything at 155,000 miles.

Thanks to all.

now im here...................

ok back to running rough under a load ...up hill etc. ................try this on for size. Im coming up to a nice size hill and i gas it..........it stumbles a lttle but then gets going........then i turn off the headlights........and it bogs down at once.

seems to be an electrical problem now. Maybe the distbutor cap. ???? thats what im moving on tho next then maybe the battery..altnetor etc. any ideas???

thanks a bunch................bmaty

Reply to
bmaty

Nice that you go thru the whole journey to the solution... First thought maybe one of your TBI's died....... My neighbor's Explorer had that problem, idled ok but wouldn't get above

60 mph
Reply to
ken

it..........it

1) Have you checked ignition timing? 2) How old is the 02 sensor? 3) Run any fuel injector cleaner thru it lately?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Oh puhleeze explain what this means!

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"
1) Have you checked ignition timing?

no not yet i will in the morning

2) How old is the 02 sensor?

not sure but its not throwing any codes at me

3) Run any fuel injector cleaner thru it lately?

no but like i said the fuel injector unit was swapped out about a year ago but i'll run some thru in the morning also

Doc

Reply to
bmaty

His Ford had two TB injectors, one quit working for whatever reason

Reply to
ken

did you change the air filter?

it..........it

Reply to
Willy Wanka

ok in goes the injector cleaner and working on the timing

wheres that little plate with the hash marks for top dead center. can't seem to find it yet.

when it stops raining here im going to look at the o2 sensor also.

Reply to
bmaty

anybody know the wereabouts of the fuel pressure regulator i just got more advice to check that for my problems.

Reply to
bmaty

Pop off the air cleaner, find the two fuel injectors, and go a few inches rearward, there's the FPR assembley.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"