Increase line pressure on 4L80E?

'95 K2500 6.5 TD 140,000 miles
There are several companies that sell computer chips to enhance performance. One of the features that is advertised is increasing line pressure for the
4L80E to reduce slippage. Is this a good idea or would I just be masking a problem that may come in the future?
As of now, I am not seeing any tranny troubles and don't want to create any. I can't remember if I have asked about this before or not. If so, please refresh my memory.
What's your take on this, Gary?
Thanks, Snowman