Info on 1990 Suburban 4x4 454ci

I am planning on buying a very clean, low mileage, 1990 Suburban, ton, 4x4 454ci, other then usual towing stuff and gas mileage. I have a few questions, opinions on TBI 454, what changed in 1992? Was it the
frame and are there any major benefits after 1992? Is the Chevy Suburban a K2500? What is a V2500 a GMC? I have been looking up after market mufflers for this model and there seems to little info on the model with the big block.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca wrote:

1991 was the last of the old breed of burbs that were tuff old critters. (I have a 89 4x4 burb) In 92 they when to a new chassis and a more car like design and cheapened up some of the parts. Your 90 in question has solid live axle front and rear and real lockout hubs that completely disengage the front axle in 2wd unlike the newer one that the front axle shafts are always driven by the wheels. The 4x4 drive system in that burb is very durable and easy to work one and can roll many miles with little effort. It should have a THM400 which is legedary in strenght and durabilty. I have 175K on mine that I bought new and it is still pretty cherry and I have no plans for its retirement or replacement. It is not used as a daily commuter these day but as a travel vehicle and has seen more than a dozen trip cross country and across the rockies carried use safely in tempatures from minus 40 to 107 above without failure and NEVER required repairs on any of its many trips. It has been up pike peak 2 times and thru yellowstone, Glacier nation park and Rocky mountain park several times. It was last in CO in 2003 and I am planning a trip with it in 06 to CO and WY from ohio. If you found a clean one with a 454, you really have a rare find and grab it as it is well worth it. Those old model burbs were real tanks.
--

www.thesnoman.com
I am planning on buying a very clean, low mileage, 1990 Suburban, ton, 4x4 454ci, other then usual towing stuff and gas mileage. I have a few questions, opinions on TBI 454, what changed in 1992? Was it the frame and are there any major benefits after 1992? Is the Chevy Suburban a K2500? What is a V2500 a GMC? I have been looking up after market mufflers for this model and there seems to little info on the model with the big block.
Thanks Guys you are starting to fill in the blanks on this year of suburban, the good news is it is mint, one owner, stored in a garage all year round. The TBI I completely understand as my 1990 Chevy Pick Up 2wd has the same TBI system, After spending $3000 on upgrades, I think the Suburban will stay stock except for exhaust. I am still a a little suprised looking at Summit and Jegs and many spin off companies that I don't see a listing for 1990 4x4 big block exhaust system or even muffler. I guess 90-91 454 are not that common or something. I live in mexico so i only have one shot at sending down a exhaust system. Also from what I can read the ride quailty is a good as the IFS, that does surprise me. The IFS sure helped the 85 Toyota forerunner, either way I will go ahead and purchase this Suburban just because it so clean, and by the sounds of it hard to find. It is a K2500 yes? Shades (at dot) wrote:

The reason you will not find much is because of most of a C/K trucks being built on new chassis in 88 on. (the burbs were R/V with R for 2wd and V for 4wd) Also, 454's respond well to improved exhaust amd even a 3inch in/out flowmaster muffler with a single 3 inch tailpipe will wake it up.