interior dome light

the vehicle in question is at the signature line below

when I open the drivers side door the dome light will not come on but when I move the nipple ( I'llcall it that for lack of a better term this early in the morning ) the light will come on and stay on until I close the door again. I reopen the door same problem.

wondering if it is a worn spring if there's one back there?

----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below

Michael McNeil

Hello Mike,

It's the contact switch at the other end of the nipple/plunger. You could try pushing the plunger in and releasing it immediately several times to let the contacts slap into each other and hopefully dislodge some of the corrosion -- works for me for now for my passenger side door. Good luck, Franko...

Reply to
Franko

a quick fix that often works for me:

Remove "pin switch". clean all metal parts with contact cleaner. Re-install "pin switch".

Depending on which type of switch you have, there might be some plastic parts of the switch that wear out or break.

most parts stores have them.

C.B.

Reply to
C.B. Evans