Interior Dome Light Stays On

I have a 95 Chevy Z71 K1500 that the dome light is staying on all the time.......only way to disable it is to pull the fuse to keep the battery from running down. In looking over the internet on this subject found
several things and a diagnostic to check the problem. I pulled the connector from the back of the light switch/panel dimmer...reinstalled fuse, shut the doors and light is still on.........states if it fails that to pull the connector on the interior lamp module or the keyless entry module........I can't find those two!!!! Does anybody know where those two modules are located................my luck will be behind the glove box!!!......thanks, Mark
have you thought of the obvious? what about a bad pinswitch? they are plastic on these trucks, and get knocked off quite easily...

Top Post.... Pull out the left front door switch...Disconnect it. Now shut the door.. There was a TSB on these switches at one time ...Something about failer to the drivers door switch...If the light goes off well then theres your problem..... Steve C
Re: Interior Dome Light Stays On Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Sun, Oct 19, 2003, 2:16am (CDT+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca (HamiltonAudio) have you thought of the obvious? what about a bad pinswitch? they are plastic on these trucks, and get knocked off quite easily... b
I have a 95 Chevy Z71 K1500 that the dome light is staying on all the time.......only way to disable it is to pull the fuse to keep the battery from running down. In looking over the internet on this subject found several things and a diagnostic to check the problem. I pulled the connector from the back of the light switch/panel dimmer...reinstalled fuse, shut the doors and light is still on.........states if it fails that to pull the connector on the interior lamp module or the keyless entry module........I can't find those two!!!! Does anybody know where those two modules are located................my luck will be behind the glove box!!!......thanks, Mark
Already replaced the passenger side door switch (it had gone out several years ago but didn't have an effect on this), drivers side is good as it checked out on the ohm meter and it still shuts off the door ajar/open buzzer (there was a tsb on those as the original door switches for the '95 & 96's switches were too short, installed the longer one on the passenger side, drivers side is still good for now)...rotary dimmer switch is not all the way up, and it doesn't matter if the interior dome light over ride button is out or in, it still stays on.....next step is the interior lamp module/keyless entry module.....went to dealer last week, as my cable for the passenger seat entry/exit came in, and he looked it up..........that part you can't get by itself........have to buy the keyless entry module which includes the interior lamp module.........about $135.00. So will be leaving fuse unplugged for awhile longer.....only thing this is on the same circuit as the power mirrors, so they are off also.....funny thing is the keyless entry still works fine, service manger said that they had several of those and it was just that one bad part in the system.............MRT
PS below is the diagnostic out of the book from chevy......two pages...........this is for a tahoe but they all work the same.
http://www.geocities.com/kaskillah/page1.html
http://www.geocities.com/kaskillah/page2.html