Is it gas line or what...89 Suburban

Hey guys...This lady is in need of help...I had the motor rebuilt in my 89 Chevy Suburban...Thats all good. But now when I start it and it warms up to about half it will die. And it also wont shift into 2or 3 not really sure which one when it warms up. Does any one know what this could be? Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Reply to
meoquiwayz

Who put it in?

You know it also would have been cheaper to just buy a rebuilt one.

Reply to
GeekBoy

I would do a fuel pressure check to see if pump is dying because they can run for a bit and then quit. On the tranny, it it was not hooked back up correctly (detent cable for one) it will not shift out of first until about normal max RPM is reached because it may "think" it is at wide open throttle when it is not

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

TV cable adjustment for the shift. Sounds like it was streched too tight during installation or it's now in a bind. Check for full release at the tranny--if the cable is bound up somwhere (kinked or crushed) it will result in no movement at the tranny. Dying sounds like unconnected or famaged part on the fuel air system. Don't know what system is on that one. George

Reply to
George Jaynes