Is Onstar following me?

My subscription has ran out, heard on the news that OnStar is still monitoring your vehicle. SO... anybody know a way to power off the Onstar system with a switch or something. Don't want to trash it in case I sell the vehicle.

Reply to
wabbleknee

The notice I got from them about this said that if I wanted it disabled so they couldn't track the vehicle, them I'd have to pay a GM dealership disconnect it. Nice bunch of people,...right up there with Apple and big brother!

Reply to
Gil

"wabbleknee" wrote in news:j7fiba$jqf$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

Could you rmove the fuse ???

Reply to
Your name

I have watched utube on the internet that shows removing the power plug to the module. These were in cars where most of the modules are in the trunk, me having a pick up, might do that, but not sure where the module is located.

"wabbleknee" wrote in news:j7fiba$jqf$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

Could you rmove the fuse ???

Reply to
wabbleknee

I put a Kenwood into my Duramax Diesel 4 speed auto.

They UNPLUGED the onstar and the Sirus radio ... no space connection at all I understand.

Not a problem in operation and can be pluged back in without a problem all behind the dash I hear.

I used the Kenwood as it has a USB port on it for the Apple Ipod and Iphone ... keeps it charged up and in use .. the steering wheel radio controls also work like Chevy OEM CD radio that is onstar and sirus.

Same price as OEM was the Kenwood ... 600 dollars or so .. installed.

If Chevy had a CD Radio player with a USB port on it .. I would have gotten it and kept the onstar sirus on board.

With Photo Technology ... where ever you drive soon, all of it will be recorded like in Washington DC right now by license plate.

Getting a fake or duplicate license plate for the same vehicle type would subvert that .. and the criminals who buy the cops are already doing it.

There is always a way to fox the cops ... trying to find Illegal Saudi's hiding in the shadow, going to church, clean record and only show up at the Hospital like they did on 9.11

Messicans crime on you with tazers and pepper spray now for robbery I hear.

Watch your back if you are taxi driver or at the ATM.

sumbuddie wear bl> "wabbleknee" wrote in

Reply to
Alan B. Mac Farlane

Do you know where the onstar plug is located? Most internet sites state that it is in the trunk??? Obviously, truck has no trunk!??