is this anything??

hi y'all 87 blazer 350, at
as some of ya know (Doc), i had my intake manifold gasket replaced for a leak, and egr valve replaced due to poor performance-it was working, but
telling the 'puter that it was at WOT when it was really at part throttle...anyway, i notice that when i first start driving in the morning, or anytime its been sitting for awhile, like after work, the temp guage goes over about 3/4 the way - almost to the red. It will then sit there for a minute then head on back down to its normal comfortable range.
Some parts jockey at Autozone said that exhaust gases is gettin' in to the waterjacket and i would have to have the gaskets all redone again. So i took it to the shop and tried to replicate it for them, but it was still fairly warm and would not get as far deep into the temp range as before (only got past the 210 mark a little bit as i kept givin' it gas). they checked the temps w/ some little laser gun temperature checker at various spots and got temps from 180 -190. Said my guage was probably off 10 degrees, and probably was not leaking exhaust into water jacket I am just all freaked out now thinkin' the worst, because temp guage never acted like this before and was wondering if there is any sure fire way to check for 'exhaust gases' getting in the water jacket? I changed the thermostat to see if that made a difference, and it did not. no coolant disappearing, no white smoke that i can discern. any advice is much obliged. thanks! jim

been
off
When they replaced the intake gaskets and refilled the coolant they didn't burp it correctly and you have some air in there.
Doc

. . . .
(Doc) writes......
When they replaced the intake gaskets and refilled the coolant they didn't burp it correctly and you have some air in there.
Doc ================= What Doc said.
But there is a simple test using a beaker and a chemical solution that tests for exhaust gas in the coolant system through the radiator fill port.
marshmonster ~:~
(Doc)

The sell the chem at AZ.....on the tool isle - all the way towards the front of the store, 2nd or 3rd shelf up from bottom.....
JC

Can you be a little more specific JC...
...just kidding...
(Doc) | > writes...... | > | > When they replaced the intake gaskets and refilled the coolant they | > didn't burp it correctly and you have some air in there. | > | > Doc | > ========| > =========| > | > What Doc said. | > | > But there is a simple test using a beaker and | > a chemical solution that tests for exhaust gas | > in the coolant system through the radiator fill | > port. | > | | | The sell the chem at AZ.....on the tool isle - all the way towards the front | of the store, 2nd or 3rd shelf up from bottom..... | | JC | | | > | > marshmonster | > ~:~ | > | |
(Doc)

front
thanks- tried to burp it for about an hour or so, coolant is 'foamy' at the top. i am taking it back to the shop that replaced the intake gaskets.
(Doc)

(Doc)

they
the
yah, me too.
(Doc)

I CAN find my right hand. They don't carry it. Such a solution would probably be on teh checmical aisle, anyway.
Nowhere to be found at my Autozone....
(Doc)

Get me a SKU number then and we'll prove how stupid the shopmonkeys are at my local 'Zone....
.... and perhaps show me my right hand needs to be named "Leftie"? 8)

It's in the tool isle here too.
~KJ~

I'd hate to say it, but it's in the tool isle here too. Looked for it when I got the stuff for my Oil Change.
-- ---------------------------------------------------------------- Ed Murray Certified Locksmith My Enthusiast's Website: http://www.crooked-ridez.com

place
Arghh!
SKU, already....
I LIKE humble pie! 8)

Sorry BK, yesterday was my day off and I wasn't about to go to work on my day off!!
SKU: 391381
Retail around here is $7.99, and I was wrong - it's on the 4th shelf up from the bottom....
JC

Thanks, I'll look!

that

*STILL*
Fot that sort they could try looking between their legs wrapped arouns a tool the size and shape of a matchstick ;)
I've heard of those chem indicators, will they work on diesels? I should expect so since both petrol and diesel are hydrocarbons.
rhys