Jasper Transmissions

Does anyone have experience with [or advise regarding] Jasper's transmissions? The 3yr/75,000mi warranty sounds good, they have a good reputation[?], and they appear to do a fairly complete rebuild... BUT the cost is considerably high; $1600+ [700R4]. Anyone have any alternative suggestions?

Thanks, GC

Reply to
GC

I dont know about their trannys but a buddy of mine has a jasper reman.. outdrive on his boat, 3 years and too many rocks and logs to keep count, its still working just fine

Reply to
seeray

Even worse when you realize you can buy a TCI Truck Master tranny (Heavy Duty RV/Towing or Performance 4x4) 700r4 tranny from Jegs for $1319 I trust TCI tranny's a far spot more than I trust Jasper's Jaspers does a basic remanufacture, TCI fixes all the weak spots and beefs it up a bit.

Reply to
F-J-L-

Jasper claims the same thing... Their rep has been in by us four times in the last year with his portable DVD player showing a video on all the upgrades they do.

Still high priced.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

if they're transmissions are like their motors i'd say go for it; i have a

350 of theirs in my 90 model; great motor. I assume their quality would carry over from their motors to their transmissions as well

TB

Reply to
Trailblazer

Had a trans "grenade" in my mini-van and needed it back on the road and couldn't get a factory reman in time. So I paid alot more ($400) than the factory unit. I went for the Jasper also because of reputation. What I found.

  1. They delivered unit quickly
  2. I could have had the old one "bench built" for about 0 less than the Jasper.
  3. Jasper seems willing to speak to you quickly (until you have a problem) as I did.
  4. Beware the waranty (not worth the paper it's written on). I had a tech with 30 years trans experience diagnose mine and said that it has problems. Jasper won't pay the diagnostic time OR the R&R time. They won't pay for the incidentals (like fluid) either.
Reply to
jdoe