Jingling sound from leaf spring shackle

My 98 Z-71 has this annoying sound like washers on a bolt everytime I go over the railroad tracks or any bump of substance. Last weekend while changing the oil, I started looking at my suspension at the rear passenger
side since that seems to be where the sound is coming from. I noticed that the front shackle for the leaf spring was slightly loose causing it to make that sound. None of the other shackles seem to be loose at all. Is there anything I can do to eliminate this sound and is this a problem that needs immediate attention. It has been going on for quite some time now and I wasn't ever sure of what it was until last weekend. Is this common in my vehicle? My dad has same year and make of truck and said he has that sound too, but always thought it was his running boards. I don't have running boards. I checked his truck afterwards and his all seem tight and do not appear to be loose at all. Perhaps his sound IS his running boards. Thanks in advance for any answers anyone may provide.
Dave
After looking at AutoZone.com I have determined that the proper name for the item I am talking about may be called the spring clip.
Dave

dcbryan wrote:

Spring clips are typically riveted in place, so one option is to tighten up the rivet, usually invovles removing and dis-assembling the spring pack. Other option is to run a bead of silicone sealer along the clamp, where it attached to the lower leaf. This should hold it in place to keep from rattling, yet allow the upper leaves to slide back and forth through it.
--
Roger

That'll work.
Another, quicker option is to put a VERY short tack weld on the offending part.
Don't whale on it with the heat gun-- you'll change the temper of the spring and be up the creek.

Since I don't weld, that one isn't an option. SO I can just squirt any old silicone on it & that should help? Or does it need to be a special kind of silicone? I have a tube of clear silicone I bought for a project around the house. Would that be fine to use?
Has anyone else had this problem with their trucks?
Dave

I do...my discription of the sound is more like a loose ring on a shaft..minor bumps makes it rattle..I've looked for if atleast three times..I checked my leaf spring clamp "things" and it's not them.. Tony