K&N filter

my 93 silverado sportside has a K&N air filter in it. How do I go about cleaning it before putting it back in the truck again? I bought an AC DELCO one to replace it while I clean it.

Reply to
Michael McNeil

To clean throw in garbage leave ac delco in and replace that occasionaly, unless of course you like to change engines not air filters.

Reply to
Jeff

A man after my own heart!

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

when i bought my truck it had a K&N filter on it.. I removed it after cleaning it once and after the guys here told me i was better off without it.. I put in the Wix heavy duty filter and never really noticed any difference.. I have a friend who lives on a ranch north of me and he swares by them.. but.... i dunno for sure.. to me it's not worth even the thought have letting one spec more dirt in my engine..i can buy alot of gas for what it would cost to replace a motor.

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

Reply to
Michael McNeil

Big Chris

leave the AC-Delco on it and shit-can the K$N

Reply to
TranSurgeon

I had much the same kind of air filter on my Harley back in my biking days. Not enough oil and it wouldn't filter well. Too much oil and the carb ran rich (read choked) No oil and it wouldn't start because the fuel/air mixture was tooooo lean. These filters are examples of sucessful marketing combined with "There is a Sucker born every Minute" They cost a mint to buy and an even more outrageous sum to maintain. Feel the oil and think -- how does this goooo let air through? IF it lets air through then how does it filter effectively?

There is no shame in haveing been conned. The shame is in failing to wake up and smell the coffee.

-- Best Regards Gordie

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl

If you're smart, you'll do what I and thousands like me have done - throw the K&N away and go back to a good paper filter.

Rich B

Reply to
Michael McNeil

Reply to
"Doc"

The irony is, your engine can only suck in so much air. The "stock" paper air filter already flows more air than the engine can physically suck in at WOT. The "increased airflow" of the K&N is completely and utterly wasted as the engine can't use it anyways

Reply to
"Doc"

Reply to
mac davis

"Big Chris" offered: "

" $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ WoW! an oil filter that is emission legal in all 50 states!!! Those KN "engineers" ! And it won't blow up AND it will flow 16 gal/min.(That's about a gallon every 4 seconds!) Guarranteed to filter out all particles under

3/4 inch. ******************** There are three kinds of lies; lies,damned lies,and statistics.---Disraeli
Reply to
Brian Orion

(over 3/4 inches that is)