K1500- 1/2 ton with 3/4 ton drivetrain?

My father-in-law has asked me to try to find some info on this setup. He said it was a factory option for about a two-year period (maybe '98-'98 range) and could be identified by the 8-lug wheels.
So, yes or no. Does this beast exist? If so, what do I need to be Googling for to find it? So far, I haven't turned up anything.
Thanks.

there was a 1500HD in the current generation which was a crew cab body on a 3/4 ton frame. and in the previous generation (88-98) there was a "heavy duty chassis" option for 1/2 tons that got it the 7200lbs 2500 drive train (basically bigger front rotors and a sm. 14 bolt rearend... that one had 6 lugs though.
-Bret
Bret Chase wrote:

Thanks. It is something to try to chase down.
Larry
SnoMan wrote:

Thanks for that, Snoman. I certain he would be looking for the pickup, not the crew cab.

no, they're different. I have a 7200 lbs k2500.. the 1/2 tons were RPO F44.
-Bret