K1500 squeak

My 88 1500 4wd developed a squeak coming from the drivetrain.
It only happens when moving and seems to go away above 20mph.
I jacked up the rear end and sun the tires, nothing.
I put the transfer case in neutral and spun the tires again. I heard a creak coming from the driveshaft. The wierd part is it came from the driveshaft, not the u joints.
It is a solid drivshaft with no moving parts. How could it make noise?
with that said I could not recreate the noise. Any suggestions?
Connor wrote:

I would guess its the U joints and the noise is transferring from them to the shaft. Are your joints greasable, if so grease them and see if it makes a difference
. . ================ Connor wrote:
My 88 1500 4wd developed a squeak coming from the drivetrain.
It only happens when moving and seems to go away above 20mph.
I jacked up the rear end and sun the tires, nothing.
I put the transfer case in neutral and spun the tires again. I heard a creak coming from the driveshaft. The wierd part is it came from the driveshaft, not the u joints.
It is a solid drivshaft with no moving parts. How could it make noise?
with that said I could not recreate the noise.
Any suggestions? ================ snipped-for-privacy@columbus.rr.com (Eugene) offered up:
I would guess its the U joints and the noise is transferring from them to the shaft.
Are your joints greasable, if so grease them and see if it makes a difference ================ Ditto.
Check the U-joints.
MarshMonster ~:~ ==============