K2500 Suburban 454 95 model

Anyone own one of these? just wondering whats the real world mpg on one of these things around 10mpg?

I'm considering buying one and just wanted to know what to expect on fuel milage.

I expect its somewhat similar to the fuel milage on a similar 3500 1 ton truck.

Thanks,,,,,,,,

Reply to
Elbert Clarke

Expect 10. Smile if/when you get 12. Jump for joy when you get 14. In any of my experiences, I have about always seen the 350 get the same mileage as an equivalent 454.

If it's got the 4L80E tranny, then I wouldn't be afraid to expect 13-14 on the highway.

Snowman

Reply to
Snowman

My 91 Z71 with a 350 TBI and a 700r4? gets a constant 19 MPG on the hwy.

Reply to
dave

I get 11 MPG always. It doesn't matter if I am towing or have my foot in it or what grade of fuel I use or anything. 11 MPG. I put a lift in and 33's, and still get 11 MPG. It is what it is..

Reply to
Wendy

Reply to
Elbert Clarke

i have a 92 k1500 and its gets somewhere around 13mpg in mixed driving. its a 350 engine with 7004r, I have been known to exceed the speed limit every now and then.

I don't think a k2500 suburban with a 454 will get better than 12 or so on the hwy.

thanks

Reply to
Elbert Clarke

Reply to
Elbert Clarke

no you don't buy them for the milage..........thats very apparent

just wanted some idea of what kind of milage a truck like that gets....

fuel milage is not my concern at all....... towing is..

but its good to know what kind of milage one might expect to get.

thanks for the reply

Reply to
Elbert Clarke