knock sensor

Page 2 of 3
wrote:

Thanks for proving you are truly a friggin' Idiot

If I can be a little blunt..........the subject was you and I really don't "want" to understand you. Plus I will discredit you every time I feel bored just cause you're a disgrace to anybody that turns a wrench for a living. People like you make people like Gomer Pyle look intelligent.
Ignition timing and poper fuel is VERY

Good Grief .........
Denny
I have to admit:
This shit is funny!
I certainly hope I never get on anyone's bad side.
RK

Gomer Pyle would make you look like Einstien but you are so far below Gomer that things that are really correct look like nonsense to you. So sad!!! ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

What is sad and really pathetic is you like the troll you are ignored the rest of the post.

Gee Snoidiot, did this come out like you wanted it to????? LOL
Denny
but you are so far below

I want to know why the hell you all are insulting Gomer Pile by comparing him to Snofraud? What the hell did Gomer ever do to deserve that?

I guess that was a little low... Smack my fingers....
Denny

Hey Mr. Correct, where is the knock sensor on a Ram V-10?
You claimed it had one.
You also stated that you'd admit when you were wrong. (maybe we all suffered computer failures that day?)
Hey Mr. No nonsense, why do you refer to gears as "deeper," "taller," "shorter?" Can't Mr. No nonsense keep 'higher ratio' and 'lower ratio' straight in his little peabrain?
Hey Einstein, have you figured out the difference between a Bendix style brake pad and a Delco-Moraine style brake pad yet, and regardless of the BRAND of vehicle they're installed on, the anti-rattle clips on the former attach the same?

Dude, that bullet hole in your foot seems to be bleeding a little heavy, ya might want to get it looked at...
70 was the last year for high compression performance engines.
By 73, the cars were all pigs, and 73 in the 49 states was the first year for the EGR valve.
RK

Chrysler didn't drop the compression in the 340 until 1972

My 49 state 72 Challenger had an EGR valve. The 49 state 360 introduced in 1971 had EGR jets in the floor of the intake manifold, though technically 'not a valve'.

Jeff, both Heatwave and I know that you have a valid problem and we are not making light of that. However, please be aware that the individual that posted the disertation of an answer should have all info he posts in repy taken with a grain of salt. You will likely get and anwser to your question soon from some of the much more qualified folks in here.

http://tunerpro.markmansur.com/downloadApp.htm http://www.moates.net/info_pages.php?pages_id
Although I use moates products there are links to a hell of alot of other mfgs and info. Links on moates.net with instructions to build data loggers that can read and display real time info to your computer. You can build one for less than $30.00 or cheaper if you have a old code scanner around. You can drive down the road logging what your ECM is actually doing or have someone else drive while you watch it all on your laptop. Other people have every right to dispute my postings or take them with a grain of salt but I am sure there are alot of people involved with ECM programing on Moats that will make even the GM experts on here look like foolish children when it comes to specifically engine management. In fact there is information on this site that was posted and then later used by GM. I don't know if GM programmers had the info 1st and had not used it yet or if maybe their developers keep an eye on sites such as this one too.
Way back in the "Acetone in gas tank" thread I pointed out just these same numbers for the difference in cost given the current prices, then politely asked if the MPG increase would be greater than the 6-7 percent cost increase. You never responded. Now reading your numbers, I make it that you are getting a 35% to 46% increase in MPG, which more than offsets the added cost. Why didn't you reply with these numbers for your specific vehicle and engine?
However, I think a blanket statement like "using higher octane gas in a vehicle improves cost per mile" is not accurate, but in at least yours it is true.
Also, will it pass a smog check with advanced timing? If so, that's easy enough to change for the test.

It is completely impossible that simply switching to 93 Octane fuel will result in a 35-45% increase in fuel mileage, with all other things being equal. There's just no way. I don't like to get involved in the pro and anti Snoman debate, but this is a ridiculous statement. The reality is that the vehicle must have been driven in a more agressive manner with harder acceleration and the throttle open more to maintain the same level of percieved performance attatined with the higher octane fuel. Otherwise, the statement is basically saying that 93 Octane fuel has 35-45% more energy content that 87 Octane.
Agreed, in 50 yeas ion the car repair business I have never seen or heard of any proven milege increase of 40%, between regular and hi test even in the old days when engines were 10.5:1 in the 60's and regular was mistakenly used, then a switch to hi test I made informal experiments with this myself in a 69 Cad, it ran bad on regular, knocked like crazy, but I lost about 3 miles to the gallon over 200 miles of my usual trips to work.

In article

The ECM will see the open circuit and set a fault code. The ECM may also switch to a modified spark schedule based on it knowing that it has lost Electronic Spark Control.

If the knock sensor isn't detecting any knock or anything that mimics knock, there will be no compensating. ESC adjustment by and large can't be felt while driving.

<BIG SNIP>
To David and Robin, funny thing how you want to bag on this group and the supposed lack of support/information/answers that are provided. The OP posted the question at 5:54 am (according to the time stamp) and less then 12 hours later, some one is answering the question. You may not like what it said or how fast answers are provided, they are answered when people read them and actually have the ability to reply. It would serve you well to understand that those folks, such as aarcuda and others, who can and will answer the posts do not have to ability to do so all day every day because of work and having a life outside of here, and that you should afford them the time to see the questions, BEFORE you start with the rants about how bad this group is or how childish we are.
Also for the record, do your home work on Snoman, he is a fake and a fraud and will be called on it EVERY time he posts something. If you are foolish enough to follow his dangerous recommendations and it results in something bad happening, you will not be able to say that you were not warned. We owe it to the unknowing posters to ensure they are informed of such dangerous information, just as much as they deserve an answer to a question.
Have a great day! :)