Knock sensor connector

Howdy again!

Last fall I changed the plugs in my '93 Sonoma. (VIN W) In the process, I broke the plug on the knock sensor in the head beside the steering column and finally got around to putting a new connector on the wire. It was identical, so no problem there.

The problem I have is that I still get the code 43, so is the sensor bad too? No problems before changing the plugs, but afterwards the connector wouldn't stay on the knock sensor setting the check engine light off.

The check engine light comes on, and (I assume) once the temp sensor kicks in the light goes out. Then it is good for the rest of the day.

Thanks for any help,

RJ in WV

Reply to
RJ in WV

I;d still be looking at the wire. If it was broken and just dangling, it's likely corroded now. Knock sensors rarely stop working as they're a very simple beast. I'd run a continuity test between the connector and 2'-3' upstream.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Thanks Doc,

I'll check that tomorrow. The plug didn't have a chance to corrode, I put it back in each time the light came on. There's burned spot where the protector came into contact with the manifold, I'll check there closer too.

Is the metal part of the plug supposed to come to a point, or is it broken on the end?

Thanks again,

RJ in WV

Reply to
RJ in WV