Later all ... thanks for all the excellent help.

Yo,

Many thanks to the good folks like Doc, Ian, Gary, etc. that provided me and others in here with great info whilst I tried to keep my Suburban in one piece over the last few years. Having had my fill of GM engineering, the damn thing is now gone and I replaced it with a different brand.

I've been lurking in the other brand's newsgroup and the quality of posts are nowhere near what they are here and I'll miss that. Sure won't miss having to wrench that @#&*!! Suburban every time I turn around.

Keep the rubber side down and I'll try to not let the door hit me in the ass on the way out. :-)

Good wrenchin' to ya, VLJ

-- Christmas is coming and then, We'll proclaim our love of all men. But be of good cheer, Come the change in the year, We can all be bastards again.

Reply to
vlj

Take er' easy bud. Out of curiosity, whatcha buy?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Nice Looking trucks, I honestly wouldn't mind having one, but if had the choice I'd still drive a chevy.. Just seems like ford chevy or even dodge is easier to work on and the parts are cheaper.. now i say that, i have no idea tundra parts cost.. but then again maybe they don't break that often. heh. No slamming your truck, I like them.. But I love my chevy.

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

The main thing that scared me away from a Tundra was the timing belt vs. timing chain. With my '78 Chevy 350-4, I changed one timing chain in

320,000 miles. I didn't relish tearing into the Toyota every 60,000. It is a nice truck though.

Nice Looking trucks, I honestly wouldn't mind having one, but if had the choice I'd still drive a chevy.. Just seems like ford chevy or even dodge is easier to work on and the parts are cheaper.. now i say that, i have no idea tundra parts cost.. but then again maybe they don't break that often. heh. No slamming your truck, I like them.. But I love my chevy.

Adair

Reply to
Ann Meffert

no reason to leave.... you must have picked up a lot of tips here that you could still pass on, right?

I guess i could have unsubscribed here when i lost the blazer, but i'm learning about trucks in general here and as you mentioned, there are some great folks here... (especially Doc's sis, she's HOT!)

Mac

Reply to
mac davis

I like all the info I get on here so I can make ppl worry about their trucks. "Oh ya that year t-case sucks, your SOL it's dead"

Due to the immeserable wealth of knowledge possessed here, I was able to diagnose a dead t-case in a 95' burb by phone while I was asleep.... I tried to tell the owner before we had it on the lift, and I also tried to tell him about the problem that might be in the front drive shaft - but he still doesn't want to listen.

-The Lonely Grease Monkey

1985' K5 305CUI TH700R4 NP208 KJ's successor

"Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, then he who believes what is a wrong." - Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
Lonely G-Monkey

Do not forget to let us know all the EXPENSIVE problems you have with the toyota. and remember, if you buy imports, you are part of the problem . john

Reply to
johnny

Good honest people down in Princeton

Reply to
alasatian

I hope your starter never goes..... Toyota put the damn thing UNDER the intake manifold in the valley of all places..... I loved my '87 Toyota MR2.... it didn't require repair very often, but when it did.... holy f*ck were the parts expensive.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

"Bret Chase"wrote

It's probably not as difficult as you might think. I've done a number of starters on Cadillac Northstar engines (starter is under the intake) and it's quite a simple job. Takes about 10 minutes to be looking at the starter. Two bolts and the wire connections and out she comes. At least Cadillac had the forethought to design the intake so that it can be lifted up out of the way very quickly.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

well if they're still packaging stuff like they did on my 4AGE... you'll need 5 knuckled fingers and double elbowed arms to work on it. but hey, maybe they never fail... dunno.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase