leaf springs

I got a 93 silverado and just recently threw a load of gravel into 'er and the leaf springs maxxed out. The load was in the bed for roughly 45 minutes or so but when we emptied it out the springs came back and truck was at regular ride height.

Does bottoming thte springs out damage anything? I am looking at adding another spring to the rear end to haul more weight. Local spring shop said that another spring on each side would roughly allow me to hul 1 ton more without any noticable movement in ride height.

----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below

Michael McNeil

leaf springs maxxed

it out the springs