leaf springs

Page 2 of 2

Hi Brandon, There wouldn't probably be any problem at all if I'd known about it, but you check out in line with what I've found out too!
Hatt
.... leaf springs Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Sun, Sep 28, 2003, 1:46am From: snipped-for-privacy@lycosSPAM.com (DJHatt)
Does anyone know if adding an extra leaf is the way to lift my box an inch or two?
The torsion bars have been tweaked to raise the truck and the front is higher by an inch or two. No other lift stuff that I can see but it really bugs me that it isn't level.
Thanks, Hatt
--

No it won't get you 2 inches.

Use Air shocks.
(DJ Hatt)
Does anyone know if adding an extra leaf is the way to lift my box an inch or two?
The torsion bars have been tweaked to raise the truck and the front is higher by an inch or two. No other lift stuff that I can see but it really bugs me that it isn't level.
Thanks, Hatt
--
No it won't get you 2 inches.

Use Air shocks.
. (if any one wants to know what the thread is about...read it)
directed to one DJ Hatt,
DJ, after reading the 20 posts so-far in your thread, I would like to say....I like your attitude. You have taken the input given and withdrawn the technical apects without taking personal afront to the way it was given. Good for you.
LOWER THE DAMN TORSION BARS BACK DOWN TO WHERE THEY BELONG.
respectfully submitted
Scrib Abell ~front-end tech~
I didn't realize that you hadn't cranked up the torsion bars. Sorry. That being the case just crank the torsion bars back down to get the front level. When I bought my truck in 92 the front was lower than the back so I cranked them up to level the rig. I believe its an 18mm just turn both the same amount.
Mastermech wrote:

I had someone take the torsion bars down an inch. It made a hell of a difference in appearance. I'm forgetting about leaf springs to solve the problem. Far as I'm concerned, its solved. I can't turn as tight as the truck is made to do, because I have 235R instead of 205R tires on, but I don't need to go in the tightest turns possible, or over the mountains in dirt or mud. If I'd known better, I would have had them install OEM size tires. $600 bucks for 5 tires and a thou mile later, I'm a little late.
Hatt